It was actually a combined Mother's Day/Birthday present. And in the picture is my other birthday present from Brig. The large "golden" AK sticker on the front. It was our favorite Alaska sticker that we saw while we lived up there and made sure we got one before we moved.
I also got a birthday haircut. This was my present to me. I had been growing my hair out for a long time and it was finally long enough to donate! There is a salon in AK that gives you a FREE haircut if you donate your hair to Locks of Love. It is a higher end salon, so I probably would have ended up paying around $50 for the treatment I received there. Score!!
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
I also got an amazing "Golden" birthday card from Brig and the boys. Brig never ceases to amaze me with his creativity when it comes to birthday cards. Each year I get a stellar card and think there is no way he could out do it, and then every year I get a card that far surpasses my expectations (and they get higher each year). This year, of course, was no different.
The outside of the card was gold and said, "Happy Golden Birthday!"
On the inside there was a note from Brig and then 26 things "as good as gold."
He also wished me Happy Birthday in the many different languages I speak. It was hilarious. Some were normal and obvious while others were hilarious.
Here is a close-up of the 26 things that are "as good as gold":
Some of them probably won't make a lot of sense since they are kind of inside jokes between us.
For example # 13 is actually making fun of me. We went cross country skiing one day during Brig's lunch break. I had Andy on my back and he had Ezra in the front carrier. (For some reason I thought it would be easier to carry Andy... I was definitely wrong.) At one point on the course there was a large hill we had to come down. My legs were already jello from going up the hill and the mileage before the hill so I didn't think I would be able to side-step down. I came down screaming at the top of my lungs and terrified to death of crashing in classic pizza-pie formation. Brig was laughing his head off.
Also, #19... I always tell Andy to get down off of things because he could fall and it is dangerous. Well, one day we were driving down the road and Andy saw some people up on the roof of their garage with lawn chairs. He said, "Get down! People get down!" And when I asked him why they needed to get down he said, "Dangerous!" It was rather humorous.
I still marvel at the awesomeness that was involved in that Birthday card. Can't wait to see next years!




No comments:
Post a Comment