We then shared our compositions with the class (we actually had to preform them...). Well, one student came up with a really cool goodbye song that I love and have used in several different situations.
Here are the lyrics:
Time has gone by.I love how simple the song is and I love that it points out that sometimes saying goodbye is not fun. Saying goodbye to Alaska and all the wonderful people in it was tough.
I hate to say goodbye.
So instead I'll say.....
Adios Amigo!
The Atkinsons hosted a little goodbye get together with a lot of our friends from church. It was fun to gather one more time and just enjoy each others company and eat good food.
I made little treats to give to all our friends and wrote a message to each of them.
Then the night before we flew out our neighbors Steve and Ella took us out to dinner at a fun restaurant. Andy loved watching the chef cook our food right in front of us.
One neat thing about moving with the Air Force is that I didn't have to pack anything. They came and packed up all of our belongings better than I would have and then put all of it in crates to be shipped down on the barge.
All of our belongings basically went straight into storage with the exception of a few items.
Andy loved playing in Papi's "Dog House" (my dad's giant white van) while the movers unloaded everything.
Brig left for Honduras on the 10th of August and his birthday was the 17th, so the night before he left we threw a little birthday/going away get together. We had grilled pizza. The only picture I got the entire night was of Brig saucing some dough on the grill.
Brig's flight was right during the boys afternoon nap time, so instead of me hauling the boys down to the airport in the car and then hauling them back home while I bawled my eyes out, we had Brig's parents drive him down.
And here is the last family picture we took before he left....
Did I mention that Goodbyes are "DUM"?
1 comment:
Goodbyes are totally DUM! I hear ya. I'm so sorry your hubby is gone. I'm glad you get to spend this time with family. Family sure makes the hard times easier to handle. I hope this time away flies by...
Loved catching up on your blog a bit today.
Post a Comment