At the end of last week I started getting a sore throat. It was one of those gradual come-ons that takes days for it to fully manifest.
Well, it has been thorough in its trash kicking. All 3 of us (myself, Brig and Andy) have been dealing with it.
Not don't get me wrong, it's not super bad, it's just causing multiple problems.
Take me for example... I get a sore throat, it turns into a cough and bit of a runny nose, and then I wake up one morning with a goopy eye. When I finally was able to get an appointment with the doctor, it turns out that I have viral conjunctivitis (not pink eye), and it was related to all the other sick symptoms I was having.
Then take Andy... the night after we got back from the fair he wasn't using his right leg. Then the next morning he was limping and falling over and just crawling around. Not normal. I was able to get an appointment for him right after mine which I was very grateful for. Turns out that the virus can make little kids joints sore and that is why Andy wasn't running around like normal. (He has since regained his ability to run and was extremely active later that night.)
Brig has been dealing with all the stuff too, except it seems in lesser degree. His eye was starting to get red last night.
The worst part for me is the cough. It hurts my belly to couch so much. And night-time has been lame. Whenever I lay down to go to sleep I get a coughing fit, so the past couple nights I've been sleeping in our Lazy Boy until around 3 in the morning. Not ideal, but it works.
We are on the mend though, so things are looking up!
This whole "trash kicking" scenario reminds me of a story my high school chemistry teacher told us in class one day.
The topic of knocking over trash cans had come up in class, and we quickly found out that our teacher, Mr. Huie, was very passionate about this subject. He proceeded to tell us of a time when some hooligans were knocking over his trash can each night and he had to clean up the mess each morning. After a couple days of this he decided he was going to take matters into his own hands.
He took a thick metal rod and cemented it into the ground and then drilled a hole in the bottom of his trash can and put it over the rod.
So, along come the hooligans and WHAM! their car is trashed by the trash can.
Now I don't know if this story is true, but I remember making a mental note never to mess around with Mr. Huie.
2 comments:
I wish I could've come and made you chicken noodle soup! I had no idea you were all having limb/eye/sleeping issues. :D Oh, and Mr. Huie would- I wouldn't put it past him... EVER.
That is horrible. Its so hard when your all dealing with symptoms, and poor little Andy! My goodness, Get better!
Post a Comment