The state fair is going on right now and last evening we took an impromptu trip up to Palmer to enjoy what it had to offer.
Mainly we wanted some fair food, see the gigantuous vegetables and hit up the petting zoo.
All of which we did.
When we arrived it was dinner time, so that was my first priority. Two years ago when we went to the fair I got some of the most amazing crab cakes I had ever had in my life... so of course I had to get them again. They were just as heavenly. I just stood there with the stroller, eyes closed, and enjoyed my first crab cake.
Unfortunately it is probably the last time I will get to taste those beauties, because the booth we got them from isn't normally a food restaurant, just a seafood distributor in Anchorage. I was so sad when I heard that. We're probably going to be gone to a new station next year when the fair rolls around so I made sure to enjoy every last one.
Okay... now that I have rambled about crab cakes...
While we were waiting to hook up with the Atkinsons we watched this really cool Cirque De La Vie show. We caught the tail end when they were doing super sweet trampoline tricks.
For dinner I got a pizza, and Brig got some Mexican food. After that I hung out with Julie while she fed Penelope and the boys headed to the petting zoo.
We met up with them after they had finished in the petting zoo and walked around looking at the other animals that were there. The turkeys were gobbling for everyone and puffing up their tail feathers.
And after checking out all the animals Brig made sure we got to see the large pumpkins. The biggest this year was 931 lbs. Two years ago there was one that holds the record at 1,101 lbs. These are massive pumpkins people. Massive.
And then after a delicious ice cream treat we headed home. Sure was a fun evening.











No comments:
Post a Comment