9.06.2009

His Self-Inflicted Incapacitation

Have I mentioned my husband is crazy?

Well, he is.

I've known this for awhile.

But this knowledge was confirmed once again last night when he had to visit the ER due to dehydration after he hiked 50 miles in one day.

Bleh.

Some of you might be wondering why he wasn't more prepared.

The problem wasn't that he didn't have enough water. Brig drank about 15 liters of water, which is plenty.

But that is pretty much all he drank so he didn't have any electrolytes in his body. This caused him to sweat out the water he was drinking a lot faster.

And that is how he ended up incapacitated at the hospital.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

How long does it take for one to hike FIFTY miles in ONE day?! P.s. Why didn't he take more water with him? He's a pro ...

Drew and Sadie said...

Hey!!! It was so good to hear from ya! I'm excited we found each other on the blogs! Ok ok ok i will have to tell you about AK! I have been to were you are going to live! So, we are definitely are going to have talk! That is so exciting for you two!
-Sade