Okay.
So, my last post had a bit of vagueness in it for a reason. I apologize for the stress it caused some of you. :)
My story should begin with the information that Brig is in ROTC Air Force.
This means that when he graduates come May, he does 6 weeks of training and then has to report to his base.
Well, just this past Thursday at their Lead Lab, the base assignments were given out. However...Brig wasn't able to attend because he has a lab for a different class at the same time.
This meant that if we wanted to find out, it was either I go to the lab, or we wait for a phone call.
I, of course, went.
Usually, if the spouse goes, they just sit back and relax while watching their spouse do something funny to figure out which base they were assigned, but due to Brig's absence.... I got to go up.
The other two cadets receiving their assignments were Cadet Jarvis (Kara) and Cadet Mays (Jess). Both female...so it was kinda cool that we were all female.
Well, they put three different hats out in front of us and told us to chose a hat.
Our options were a pink cowgirl hat, a yellow firefighter hat, and a fur hat.
I went first and picked the fur hat [Hence the fur hat picture], Kara went next and chose the firefighter hat, and Jess picked the pink cowgirl hat.
They then laid out three different objects that related to our assignment. A missle, a plastic pooping moose [Hence the moose picture], and a metal Texas thing with a horseshoe on it.
Jess went first and chose the Texas thing, Kara took the missle, and I got to take the pooping moose.
Then Jess was given a secret-agent-type-packet-thing which instructed her to give us a picture of our base. She had to guess who was going where.
After we got our picture, starting with me, we had to announce to the whole detachment of Cadets where we thought we were going.
Luckily, Alaska was our first pick, so I kinda figured it out after I saw the fur hat.
So here is the official announcement:
We're going to the Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska! [We will probably move there in July...though we aren't sure of the exact time yet.]
After it was confirmed that we were going to Alaska, I swore everyone to secrecy. The guessing game was my way of breaking the news to Brig. Make sense?
Now, here is where the husky picture comes into play.
Brig said that if we were stationed in Alaska that we could get an Alaskan Husky. I've been in love with these dogs since I saw the movie "8 Below."
It has also been decided that I get to have Light Therapy during the winter months so I don't get too depressed. :)
Just in case you are curious:
-Kara was assigned to the Vandenberg AFB in California. [The firefighter hat was for her because there are so many wild fires right now.]
-Jess was assigned to a base somewhere in Texas. I don't remember the name though, sorry.





3 comments:
Cool. Steve's been up there for two weeks now, in Anchorage, for business. And I have a very good friend of mine living on base up there. She's super sweet. If you ever need a army wife friend, she's a good one to have!
That's way exciting guys!
Alaska??? that is soooo awesome!! as much as you guys love the outdoors I'm sure you will love it! I have heard it is just beautiful so I can't wait to see all the pictures you guys take while you are there! good luck with the move!
Post a Comment