2.03.2009

Sigmund Freud should analyze this...

I've been having some pretty crazy dreams lately, but this one deserves to be blogged about.

Last Sunday Brig and I got to bed pretty early, which was awesome, but I woke up at 2:00am after having a crazy dream. To give you preliminary information before reading about the dream you should know that Brig and I have been listening to the Harry Potter series on tape/CD and we just finished Book 5 Sunday night. Also, Brigham's brother Jared was having surgery on Monday for a broken collar-bone, and for those who don't know....I am a music therapy major.

This dream is what you would get if you crossed Lord Voldemort and Music Thearpy.

In my dream He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named had not returned to full strength yet and he was still a creepy human-like creature, and as strange as it sounds, djembe music strengthened him. Not knowing this, Luna Lovegood (a character from Harry Potter) took my djembe without asking to play in her band. I was furious, because He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was in the room where she was playing, and so he got stronger. My djembe had been hidden in a bathroom of this majestic house we were in, so that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's servant (who was a sleek and handsome man in my dream) couldn't find it and then play it for his master.

When I went to get my djembe back Luna was actually this girl named Danielle that I work with at Beaver Mountain. One of her many nicknames is "D," so when I grabbed my djembe from her I said, "It sounds good D, but ask next time!" *Imagine me grabbing my djembe from her and storming from the room.* I went and hid my djembe again so that no one could play it for him on purpose or accidentally.

Another method of strengthening He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was by feeding him smarties, and after D played the djembe he could eat smarties on his own. (*As a child I would eat smarties and tell everyone that they would make me smarter, so obviously they must make Lord Voldemort stronger too!)

Just then my dream changed and I was running with my djembe on a hiking trail to this secret recording studio that doubled as a concert hall. It kind of reminds me of a bomb shelter mixed with the concert hall we have on the USU campus.

We wanted to get as far away from He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named so he couldn't hear the djembe music that had mystical powers. Brigham's brother Jared was all of a sudden with me and I was the drummer in his rock band. Our number 1 hit was even playing in my dream as we ran up the trail! Unfortunately I do not remember the music, but let me tell you....we could rock! Right as Jared was checking in with the lady at the front desk that was actually outside of the recording studio I woke up.....

So there you have it folks! If you are in need of more strength eat smarties while listening to djembe music. If it works for Lord Voldemort, it'll work for you!

5 comments:

kara said...

Oh my heck, Chels! That cracks me up!

Susan said...

Um...you are a weirdo!! (: Just kidding! (: Wait until you are pregnant...talk about weird dreams!

Chelle said...

Ha! Now THAT is funny. :)

Erica said...

I have the craziest dreams all the time...however, mine don't come close to that. So weird...

Chelsea said...

Yes, I thought that is was a classic that I will want to tell my posterity.