1.30.2009

Connections and Family Ties


Just this past Wednesday I was in the middle of teaching a piano lesson when my phone started vibrating. I didn't answer it because I was teaching, but after I finished with that student I checked my voicemail. It was my father-in-law.

Brigham's brother Jared broke his collar bone up at Beaver Mountain while snowboarding. The reason he was calling me was because my father is a doctor, and he was hoping I could work some magic for him. Well, I had another piano lesson right after that one, so I started texting my dad giving him the information, and then texted Brigham's father back to tell him I was passing on the word.

In the end, everything worked out and Jared met with my dad yesterday morning. Apparently it is a pretty nasty break and the only way to repair it is to put a plate in, so my father is doing surgery on my brother-in-law on Monday. Don't you love family connections?

Just a side note, my father has also done shoulder surgery on my mother-in-law.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Your dad's also operated on his brother a couple of times. Grateful for his skills!