The Sweethearts dance is a girls choice dance, so Mel asked a boy named Sage Nyman. Back when I was in High School I took one of Sage's older brothers to the Sweethearts dance too...so we had a bit of family tradition going on.
Well, that night the roads got super slickery, and a lot of Melanie's group was stuck up on Cliffside because the road leading up to it was closed due to the icy conditions. Most of the group eventually showed up and we fed all of the 10 couples execpt one who never showed up. Brig, Talon, and my dad were the servers, while Nicole, my mom, and myself were all in the kitchen organizing the food.
The meal consisted of a delicious green salad, followed by the main course of twice baked potatoes, creamy brocoli, and deliciously tender pork loin. It was to die for! After the main course we served my mother's famous chocolate cheesecake with a strawberry on top. It was surprising how much they did NOT eat. After we sent them on their way to the dance we all sat down and ate what we could scavange, especially the cheesecake.
Shortly after we released 18 teenagers into the wild, we received information that they had already been involved in a wreck at the bottom of the hill two blocks away from my parents' house. The only injuries sustained were a broken nose, some headaches, and broken pride. One of the cars began to spun as it attempted to drive down the hill, and then the car behind spun as well right into the back of the other car. Nicole and I ran to the scence, with cameras in hand to get pictures. I got a picture of the tracks made by the cars when they were sliding.
Melanie was in one of the cars that collided, so Sage ended up driving my mother's van the rest of the night. Melanie hasn't had her lisence for more than 6 months so it would have been illegal if she drove all of her friends. Thank goodness Sage was up to the challenge. The group did eventually get to the dance though some without their dates due to the accident. What an adventure!









2 comments:
Nicole does make-up faaaabulously!!! If I ever get married, I want her to do my make-up. I am not sure if I have ever told her this, but maybe she will read this comment and know. :) I cannot believe the mama let the boy drive her van! I'd be too afraid he'd wreck it! :(
That night was exceptionally slick. I'm glad no one had any REAL serious injuries. I would have stayed home and ate more food personally...but dances never were my thing. Can Nicole do my hair sometime when I get all dressed up haha? I never do anything like that though....
Post a Comment