1.22.2013

Temple Square and the MoTab

We flew in to SLC on a Saturday and my mom picked us up from the airport. Even though it had been a long day we decided that we would go to temple square and see the lights while we were down in the area.

My mom and dad were staying at the Anderson's (Nicole's in-laws) since the Tabernacle Choir concerts were happening that weekend, and we were lucky enough to get an invite to stay there as well. It was awesome not having to travel all the way to Logan the first night.

Nicole and Talon were also there so we had them meet us for the lights. We had dinner in the SUPER crowded food court of the new City Creek Mall, where Shannon and MaKell surprised us!

They were down with their singles ward for a temple day and Nicole and Talon ran into them at the food court so they stuck around till we got there. It was awesome!

After eating we ventured out into the cold to look at the beautiful lights. I'm so glad we were able to see them this year.

We tried to get a big group photo, but one of the pictures was blurry and the other had the guys finger covering part of the picture. Ah well.

Here are Brig and Andy bundled up for the occasion:

Also, we were planning on going to the Sunday morning Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. We had 4 tickets so we invited Brig's brother and his wife. Charity wasn't able to make it so our niece Emery came instead. It was so fun to go with them! My younger brother Dustin also had tickets so he and one of his friends met us as Tal's parents and then Tal dropped us off. It was very nice not having to worry about parking.
The concert was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I'm sure that anyone who went would agree with me. I loved it.

We had it bad Sunday morning compared to the other nights because it was done in conjunction with "Music and the Spoken Word" so we couldn't applaud! It was so hard!

There was one part of the concert about a "candy bomber" and it was almost impossible not to applaud. Some people in the balcony even did, though my dad said they couldn't hear anything from the choir seats.

I have really enjoyed having my dad be a member of the choir. I love looking for him every Sunday when we watch Music and the Spoken Word. And it's fun to look for the other people we know too.

1 comment:

Tara and Brigham said...

We were at the Sunday morning concert too! I was so bugged at those people that clapped! haha! Oh well. Glad they couldn't hear it in the choir. That part was amazing though, I loved that little old man! Looks like you guys had a fun trip!