We made Gingerbread Houses, and since it was Family Home Evening we had to relate our gingerbread creations to the Gospel one way or another. It was awesome.
My mom and dad's gingerbread house had solar panels and firewood stocked up in the back so they talked about preparedness and how "if ye are prepared ye shall not fear" (D&C 38:30).
Nicole and Talon went as deep as to relate the super glue that was holding their house together was like the love of Jesus Christ and how it holds us together (Moroni 7).
I made a replica of the Iditarod, which is a famous dog sled race. I talked about the origin of the race and how the people were trying to get medicine into the city via dog sled (since it was the only way) and how that was service and when ye are in the service of your fellow men, "ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17).
The Dodd's house was a masterpiece. They put a lot of care and detail into their house. They talked about how "sweet" it was because of all the candy they used. I don't remember exactly how they tied it in. It was either from Alma 36 when he says, "there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy" while talking about repentance or when Lehi partook of the fruit of the tree and said, "it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted" (1 Nephi 8:11). Come to think of it, it was probably the later, because Austin made an amazing pretzel tree and I remember him pointing it out.
![]() |
| Hillary & Maddi (Not pictured: Mom & Dad Dodd and Austin) |
![]() |
| Brigham & Brandon |
![]() |
| Dustin, Melanie & Chris |
![]() |
| Alex, Aunt Dana, Megan, Nick & Lexi |







No comments:
Post a Comment