9.25.2011

Daughter, Arise

On our way home from church today we were listening to a CD that my sister Nicole recorded for the family last Christmas. One of the songs on the CD is, "Daughter, Arise" from Women At the Well by Kenneth Cope.

As I was listening to the words of that song I couldn't stop thinking of my beautiful niece Adalyn.

It made it more poignant that Nicole was the one singing...


Here are the lyrics intermingled with some favorite photos of our little miracle:
Free, I wont hurt again
I fly into the light
and greeting me
friends I cannot name
in a world of perfect white
but they say that I'm not here to stay
the Lord has chosen me
to bring glory to His name

I must go and be His miracle
and leave this paradise
when the Master says,
Daughter, Arise.

Peace, like I've never known
and still I understand
why I must leave this heavenly home
to fulfill a higher plan
I see mother grieving over me
while father pleads with Jesus
to take me by the hand

I will gladly be His miracle
and leave this paradise
when the Master says
Daughter, Arise.

Now I go to be his miracle
and leave this world of light
when the Master calls
Daughter, Arise.

I'm so grateful that Addie did choose to come and be a miracle in all of our lives! I cannot wait to see the good she will do in this world.

4 comments:

Megh said...

I really, really love this. I think Adalyn's circle of influence is remarkably big- we think about her and her sweet family a lot! Thanks so much for sharing!

Nicole Anderson said...

LOVE you! Thank you for your love and faith for my sweet little girl!

Shirlene said...

I love you, my sweet Chelsea! Thank you for sharing the feelings in our hearts so beautifully.

Belinda said...

You have a heart of gold Chelsea!