9.29.2011

Eight, Nine, & Ten

So... somehow my baby keeps growing. I'm pretty sure I just did a post about when he turned 7 months old, and now I've missed his 8 month AND 9 month mark. Can you believe he's almost 10 months old?

In like a week and a half-ish it'll be official. I will be the mother of 10 month-er.

He has accomplished quite a lot in the last 3 months.

He learned how to talk on the phone.

Although he usually just sticks it up to his face like this...


He loves mirrors. If he's ever crying all I have to do is go into the bathroom and he stops himself as he looks in the mirror.

This is a photo of him trying to reach up and grab his binkie off his head.
He basically loves his reflection in any surface he can find it.

For example...


He also loves eating. Especially if he gets to feed himself and get messy.

He's also getting really good at picking up food... and then successfully getting it into his mouth. (Hence the messy face above.)

He has enjoyed everything we've given him, food wise.

He still loves hiking. Well, he loves riding in the backpack carrier when we go hiking.



He loves chewing on stuff...

Yes, those are his little teeth marks on his crib. (He's finally getting some on the top!)

He really enjoys brushing his teeth, which is really him just sucking on the toothbrush. We're working on that circular motion.

He also learned to whistle. Here is his whistling face.


He's working on waving hello and goodbye. And loves clapping!

He gets a kick out of Brig. And coincidentally...Brig gets a kick out of Andy.


He is a babbler. When he is really happy or excited he says, "da da da da da" over and over, and then when he is tired or hungry and whiny he says, "ma ma ma ma."

He loves banging on the piano, and anything really for that matter.


He gives great open mouth kisses, and loves to suck on my shoulder.

He is a climber and pulls himself up on anything he can.



When he stands up at the gate he sits there and shakes it. Good thing it's drilled into the wall.

That last picture of him climbing on to the ledge from the basket is the most recent of his exciting adventures. He was walking around our upstairs pushing the basket around and then once he got stuck against the ledge he decided he would just climb on up.

He went on his first "bike ride" with his pops. I have a feeling that he will be spending a lot more time in that bike trailer. (Especially because Brig has a plan to rig the bike carrier onto some skis for the winter. We'll see how that turns out...)


He plays with the door stoppers like there is no tomorrow. He actually cried when the door stopper at our friends house was stationary and didn't make the cool noise.

And most recently he has begun getting into the cupboards. His favorites?

The Lazy Susan

And the TV stand


He has officially begun crawling on hands and knees/feet, although he still does his belly crawl when he feels like he needs to get somewhere fast. It looks like he's doing the breaststroke on land.

Here are just some fun photos that I thought I'd throw in, cause I obviously didn't have enough already. :)

Trying on Great Grandpa's hat.


Making one of his classic faces.


And climbing the gate in the semi-buff with Oliver.


Hopefully the next couple of months don't go by too quickly, because I haven't quite accepted the fact that he's almost one.

9 comments:

Debra Hawkins said...

OH MY HECK! I love that picture of him in the tub looking at his reflection. Darling!

Damaris said...

He is an ADORABLE little boy!

Sarah said...

I cannot get over how cute he is!

Nicole Anderson said...

SOOO BIG!!! Oh my! Can't wait to see him at Christmas... even if he will be one! :D

Marie said...

He's so adorable. :D Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up! I'm freaking out, too... I absolutely love the picture of him looking at his reflection in the tub and his "classic" face. Your baby is a doll!

Heather said...

I'm still laughing over the teeth marks in the crib. That's hilarious! Your baby sure looks happy. What great parents you must be.

Me said...

Hey Chelts, Katie here. Your baby is so darn cute!! He looks a ton like you. So fun! P.S. Can I get your email? Do you think you could text it to me? (you may be receiving this same msg for the third time now. Can't figure out how to comment)

Kara Jarvis said...

I love the first picture of the three of you hiking -- you all have the exact same grin on your face! That's so cute that you actually remembered to catch him in all those "precarious" situations. He's so big now!

Steph said...

What a cute post!
You have such an awesome family
Chelsea. I love reading your blog.