8.28.2010

Livin' the Life

As our house is in "move-in" mode we have been enjoying the high brow way of living.

The first night Brig was back our air mattress pretty much kicked the bucket. You could hear, and feel, the air blowing out through our sheet. So in the middle of the night we collected as many blankets as we could find and made a padding for ourselves.

As comfortable as that was, we luckily were able to borrow an air mattress from some Air Force friends. This is the high brow part of our living I was talking about. Check this thing out...

It was deluxe.

To go along with our high quality bedding, we had a makeshift table make from an empty packing box. This is what we used before we got our dining table into the house.



This week has basically consisted of unpacking boxes and trying to get everything from the storage unit to our apartment. While Brig was at work I would drive to the storage unit, fill the back of our Sube with boxes and then drive back and unload them. Not the most time efficient method, but I was using our resources.

Here is a picture of us relaxing in our new home Friday night.

We were able to use a truck this morning (Saturday) for the big stuff. (i.e. couch, lazy boy, washer/dryer)

After doing that Brig was going to play some football today with his squadron, but unfortunately not enough people showed. So, instead we drove up to the little ski resort on base and had a picnic lunch by the lake in our car. (It was raining.)



After our picnic Brig wanted to show me the Glen Alps Trailhead lookout. It was gorgeous, and I'm sure it would be even more beautiful on a clear day. We were up above some of the clouds and watched the wind roll some more in.

I'm sure we'll be visiting this location again because there are a lot of trailheads right in this area accessed by the same parking lot. I'm excited to explore.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Cute house! and that is one deluxe air mattress!

Brigham said...

Nice pic Chels!!