8.08.2010

A Little Bit of Beauty


I am so lucky to be in Ukraine at such a wonderful time. The Kiev Ukraine Temple has been built and the open house is in progress. I have had the wonderful opportunity of helping out a little and was able to serve on the temple grounds as well as in the temple. It truly is an amazing blessing and incredibly beautiful.

Every temple has something unique and the Kiev temple has stain glass windows depicting grain. I think it is amazing since Ukraine has very rich soil and has a strong agricultural history. The temple is on the edge of town and is about the only smoke free area within city limits.

One quick story then some pics of the temple. As I was sitting in the temple and people were coming through I thought to myself what this will look like in a couple of weeks when it is dedicated and accessible to the saints in this area. I was so touched and truly felt the spirit as I sat there and thought of the blessings that will pour into the lives of the Ukrainian people and the blessings for those they will serve. Truly it is a great work. Ukraine will be blessed to have a temple in their country.

When the Ukraine was dedicated it was said that "temples" would be present upon it one day. This is a start of a great story and a whole lot of missionary work. To check out more on the temple the church has a web site with info at: http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/kyiv/ or I posted all the pictures I have taken so far on facebook.







2 comments:

Amanda Bj. said...

What is Brigham doing in Ukraine? I didn't know you guys were expecting, so are we. It was a secret for us both when school got out. I miss you guys hope you're doing well send me an email. I'm still using my aggiemail. and ps. you need to update our blog. bjarnsonfam.blogspot.com.

Camaree said...

That's awesome Brigham, what a unique experience. The temple is beautiful!