8.30.2009

Our Little Visitor

So, this past Friday (Aug 28th) was my father's 50th Birthday.

My mom had planned a surprise Luau for him, so she strategically got my younger brother to set up a tee time that afternoon so that we could get everything ready while he was gone golfing.

Well.... while we were doing so, my cousin Shaela happened to walk out of the girls bathroom just in time to see this little guy [it's a snake if you can't tell] slither into Melanie's room.

One thing you have to know is that my mom HATES snakes....I really mean it. I think this fear dates back to her childhood to when she and her siblings would chase each other around with the 'S' encyclopedia opened to the snake page.

So, you can imagine the stress my mom was experiencing when she heard there was a snake in her house.

Instead of letting Melanie fend for herself in her snake infested room, Shaela was nice enough to trap the little guy in the corner of the closet. When she finally got him out of there, my mom made her take it across the street instead of just letting him go in the field next to our house. :) It was quite an event.

Luckily, we got everything ready for the party pretty quickly so my mom didn't have to stress about that as well.

4 comments:

Janalee said...

that is funny! my mom is like that too! I don't mind snakes, its spiders that give me the heeeby jeebys!!

Shaela said...

Matt and Katie had a good time petting the snake before I let it go across the street. They both thought it was pretty cool, but Mike thinks I'm crazy for touching it... ;)

Mindy said...

And I thought it was bad that I saw one on the track in lane two last night while running! :)

Heather said...

Hmmm, maybe that's why my dad HATES snakes as well. I will have to ask him about the encyclopedia! HA! HA! That is funny.