8.02.2009

Truth Restored

After Brig got home from his mission he wrote the following poem about Joseph Smith.

I thought that it would go perfectly with the pictures I took of the Sacred Grove when we were in Palmyra.

Truth Restored
By Brigham Andrew Moore


Contended dark clouds fill the sky
Where lower lays confusion's cry.
A plague on man rests within
False truths proudly claimed therein.
"Lo here," "Lo there," contenders shriek
Searching. Longing. Where to seek?



Troubled and torn, one's heart is full
A muddled mind playing push and pull.
Verse and reverse, teachings unfold
Lips move, though actions have told.
Amidst the bustle ponders a youth.
Thoughtful. Prayerful. Where is truth?



Ruffled worn pages fingers turn
A prophet's words in his bosom burn.
"If ye lack wisdom," one must be taught
"Then I might venture" he mused in thought.
Frightened for never a prayer uttered he
Hoping. Believing. Who hears his plea?



Cool warmth fills the morning air
On bended knee he pleads there.
All at once a world upside down
Leveled out with a glorious crown.
Father and Son in heavenly light surround
He was taught where truth is found.

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a great poem! And great pictures too!

Brittney said...

WOW! Inspirational!

Dana said...

Absolutely amazing!! You've got a "keeper" there Chelsea ;)

We're going to be in Logan in 10 days--can't wait to see you all.

Shirlene said...

I knew you married that boy for a reason:) You two make a great team - prose and pictures. Very sweet and meaningful.