8.03.2009

Church History Mania

While in gorgeous up-state New York, we visited all the recommended LDS Church History sites. It's a cool feeling to walk around the actual places of our church's early history.

We went to the Palmyra Temple, for an endowment session,



The Smith Farm, where we saw the Smith families old log cabin and the new frame house, [Under the hearth pictured below is where Joseph hid the gold plates one time from the mob.]




the Hill Cumorah, where Joseph found the gold plates that Moroni buried years before,

E. B. Granden's Printing Press, the place where the first 5,000 copies of the Book of Mormon was published, [The tour walked us through the process of how the book was published.]


And the Whitmer Farm, where the church was actually re-organized. Some of the translation of the Book of Mormon also took place here at the little desk pictured below.


We also visited Alvin Smith's grave site & the Martin Harris Farm, but I didn't take pictures of these. Sorry.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I.am.so.jealous. P.s. You look adorable in all of your photos. AND: I love the Sacred Grove photos and poem!

Janalee said...

I am Jealous. end of sentence.

Shirlene said...

So glad you darlings were able to make the trek to all of these meaningful sites. Love, love, love you!

ATP said...

How awesome! And that includes your bangs missy! CUTE!