8.19.2009

An Attempt

I am going to attempt to blog about the Moore Family Reunion that took place this summer.

It's an attempt because I took so many pictures, and I always find it hard to blog properly when I overdue the pictures....

So here goes my attempt. :)

Every year the Moore family gathers together for a week of togetherness and fun. This summer of course was no different, except that Brig could actually attend the ENTIRE thing!

For the past 8 summers Brig has been working up at Pickleville Playhouse so has only been able to make appearances at the reunions, but this summer he was free to take a week off and party.

Camping with the Moore family is awesome.
The camping is awesome.
The company is awesome.
The food is especially awesome.
Everything is awesome.

If you have never been camping with the Moores...you are hereby invited to come to the reunion next summer. Friends are welcome, and if you take the time to read this blog...then I know you are a friend of mine. :)

First off...our humble abode for the week.

Ain't it cute? I thought so.

Especially compared to all the other hotel tents set up around us. :)

Every meal we had some real good grub.


I mean really good grub. For every single meal. I probably would have gained weight had it not been for the constant playing I did with the nieces and nephews.

On one of the days we went on a sweet hike to Rosie's mine.

There were many times during the week I was forced to play games into the wee hours of the night....However, due to the forcible nature of the late night game playing, I only got pictures of the fun when it was light outside. Here we are playing Phase 10....and yes, I won.


Not only did intense rounds of Phase 10 and Speed Uno occur, but some fierce rounds of Ninja Destruction as well.


We even played at Porcupine Reservoir. [I don't believe I mentioned that we camped at Cinnamon Creek up past the reservoir.]






Almost every night, s'moore roasting took place. We went ALL out....graham crackers, chocolate covered graham crackers, marshmallows, strawberry marshmallows...

It was fabulous.

During one evening, after the marshmallow roast, we retired an American flag...and even had Andrew play us a sweet, patriotic musical number on his harmonica.

[I love that while retiring the flag Brig was wearing his tie-dye shirt. It seems kinda ironic.]




I know it may sound like we were moving constantly and never had a moment to rest...but it's not true.

We lounged about a lot and even did some crafts here and there.

But most of all....we had fun. Honest-to-goodness fun.





Awesome. I did it.

I do believe that this attempt was a successful one.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so great! I can definitely see that you had fun. Way to finish the summer in style! And you're right about the food, oh my goodness, it looks super yummy and FILLING!

Nicole Anderson said...

indeed it was a success! It was fun to look at all the pictures again! We need to do some serious camping... er... sometime. :)

Erin Davis said...

What a fun trip! :) We miss you guys!

Moore Family said...

Thanks for posting all those pictures! We had so much fun hanging out with you guys that week. I didn't take very many pictures so it was nice to see all of yours. We sure miss you guys. Can't wait to see you next month!

Condie Family said...

I found you and couldn't help but comment. You and Brigs are such a perfect couple! Hopefully I'll see you both around campus!

Anonymous said...

What a lot of fun pics. I love family campouts!

Shaela said...

We are sooo there next year! Sounds like a blast... Sorry we couldn't make it this year, but thank you for the invite anyway.

Nicki said...

I just found your blog and am so happy! I'm pretty new to the whole blogging thing:) I love all the pictures!