My mom, dad, younger sister Mel, and youngest brother Dustin were in "pageant" this summer so it was our familial duty to support them. [We didn't mind. Any reason to visit New York was fine with us. Especially if mom lets us use her Marriot points for a sweet suite.]
Don't they look amazing!
[My dad forgot his sandals so he covered his shoes with black tape.]
Here are some photos I got of the performance. Some are blury and dark, because I wasn't allowed to use flash photography and we were somewhat far away. But here is what I got!

Lehi's dream about the Tree of Life.
[My favorite prop of all time was in this scene. When I was looking through the binoculars I could see the fruit from the tree was really one of those cool push lights, so the angel could turn it on and off.]

This is the Nativity scene.

This is the boat that Nephi was commanded by the Lord to build.

This is the King Noah scene

The prophet Abinadi being burned at the stake.

The prophet Alma baptizing the believers at the Waters of Mormon.

Samuel the Lamanite is the guy on the stairs.

My dad was a wicked Nephite priest trying to lead the people astray. [The one in the yellow in the middle.] In the Samuel the Lamanite scene he got to say, (really just mouth 'cause the whole thing was recorded) "Do we need a Lamanite to preach religion to us?"

This is Christ when he comes to the America's after the destruction scene.

This is my family when they were kneeling during the Christ scene. Dustin is standing on the step to the side of everyone.

Our perfectly amazing family (minus Barkley & Elder Chase)










4 comments:
You have such a fun family! I think you might have convinced me to go to the pageant someday.
How fun! I've always wanted to go see that pageant and to have family in it too!
Dang, we are cute! And our perfectly amazing family is also missing our perfectly amazing missionary, Chase!
I'm so glad you got to go to Pageant! And Happy you're learning the Lingo. :) You and Brigham should be in it sometime! It's an amazing experience. I can almost pick out what parts your family were by their costumes. It's a weird feeling. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment