Something you need to know is that our primary consists of four children.
And they're all 4 yrs old.
Well, I was having a hard time coming up with an object lesson to teach them about being worthy to enter the temple.
But then it hit me.
I should build a cardboard temple!
So I did. And I made temple recommends to go along with it.
The bishop came to primary and talked to the kids about the questions that are asked during a temple recommend interview, and then signed all the recommends. Each kid came up and signed their own and then got to enter the super cool temple.
When they went inside we gave them a key (this symbolized the fact that when we go into the temple we learn how to "unlock" the treasures of heaven) and then at the end of the lesson they got to go back into the temple if they still had their key and get a "treasure" (which was really candy).
Who wouldn't like that?
Primary should always be that much fun!
My awesome neighbor helped me make the temple. She was the one who really made this work.
Here it is in all it's glory.
We realized afterward that we should've covered the whole thing in white BEFORE we painted everything else, but the kids loved it despite its imperfections.
I got a close-up of the front and then the stick figure Angel Moroni on top. :)
Needless to say we are now the coolest primary teachers ever!







7 comments:
Hahaha, I love it. :)
I found your blog through Nicole's and yes, you ARE the coolest for that lesson. Rachel was so excited and is keeping her "temple recommend" in a special place. Thanks for putting in so much effort for an incredible lesson!
Yes, I concur -- you are the coolest. Even with the excitement of ice cream at the Linger Longer, both Gordon and Rachel were able to tell me about the key and the pretend temple. Major success!
What an awesome idea! I bet that was the best sharing time ever!
Ok, Jake would be totally jealous that he missed this lesson (right now he's sleeping, so I'll show him this tomorrow). He LOVES the Temple. What a great idea!
That was an AWESOME lesson. Gordon LOVED it. He wore his key all day yesterday. He's pretty sure he's going to keep wearing it until the string it's tied on won't fit around his head anymore.
I am super impressed! Your amazing!
Post a Comment