5.27.2009

Birthday Presents


Crocheted hot pad and hanger sleeve from G-ma Barney


Pink Flower Pens from the Bouchers


A home-made card and treats from the Snelgroves


Opening Nicole and BLT's present:
itunes gift card, earrings, and a home-made watch band


Me and Nicole with the goods!


THE SCAVENGER HUNT

For my 10th birthday my parents hid all of my presents and then sent me on a scavenger hunt. We have this on our family videos, which we all watched a couple weeks ago.

With this fresh on his mind, Brig decided to hide my presents and set up a scavenger hunt for me to find them this year as well. The clues were single words which were linked to the location of each present.

My friends used to do this with code names for the girls they liked. They called them "zones."
For example, my zone word would be candy for Brig, because Brig has red hair, which makes me think of red hots, which are candy.

So to find my presents I had to think of the clue and work backwards to find the location of all the different hiding spots.


  • Clue #1: Plaza
The 1st present was hidden by my family's Wii. When Brig thought of the Wii he thought of how you can create your own Mii characters, which made him think of the Mii plaza where all the Mii character's you create hang out....Hence the clue plaza.



It was a giant singing Birthday card!
  • Clue #2: Cereal
When Brig thinks of cereal he thinks of the different brand names of cereals, which makes him think of post, which then makes him think of the mailbox because of the postman. So the 2nd gift was hidden in the mailbox.



It was coupons for free foot massages and back rubs!
  • Clue #3: Algebra 2
When Brig thinks of Algebra 2 he thinks of the algebra 2 book, and when he thinks of the book he thinks of what is in the book, which is BOB (Back of Book), which is also my youngest brother's nickname, so then he thought of Bob's room...so it was hidden under his bed.





Stylin' new chaco hiking shoes! I LOVE them!

7 comments:

Bradley J said...

Happy Birthday Chels! Looks like it was a great one!

Erica said...

Holy Smokes! Talk about a funfilled birthday. What great presents you got. Happy Birthday to you [and a happy half birthday to me!]

Mindy said...

I am a horrible friend. I mean, sure I intentionally planned to see you on the trail yesterday but I forgot to wish you happy birthday. I curse myself for you. A curse of misquitos nesting in my armpits. That oughta teach me. P.s. Your hubby's thought process if very ... intriguing. I liked it. The end. :)

Mindy said...

P.s. You and your sister (I forget her name ... the older one ... OH, you know who I am talking about) have perfect eyebrows. The end. Forsurely this time.

Nicole Anderson said...

Mindy... offended... that's all.

Dana said...

Wish we had been there to celebrate with ya'll. Happy birthday a few days late--kinda' how my life is running right now.

We love and miss you!!

Aunt Dana and the gang

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had tons of fun.