Last year I went to support Brigham, not really understanding what it was all about. The announcer was talking about this one award that included a lot of money, and then they called Brigham's name. I of course thought this was pretty cool because he just got a scholarship for $1,500.
This year I went, but I thought since he got something last year he wouldn't this year. I know that my husband is amazing, but not every amazing person gets awards.
Well, I was wrong.
Not about my husband being amazing, but about him not receiving any awards. He got 4 of them! I was just sitting there half listening, and then they called his name. Then a little later, they called it again, and then again! I tell you, my eyes have been opened to the total awesomeness of my hubby.
Now I know that y'all are dying to know what awards he got. So here goes...
The 1st award he received was given by The Society of American Military Engineers. This award, one of the most prestigious given in Air Force ROTC, is highly competitive and recognizes only 20 of the most outstanding Air Force ROTC cadets in the nation in either the "next-to-last" or "last" year of an engineering course. Each nominee must be recommended in writing by the detachment commander and the Dean of Engineering as "The Outstanding AFROTC Engineering Student of the Year" in his or her year group.
The 2nd award was the Scholastic Excellence Award from the American Legion. The American Legion is the nation's largest veteran organization whose members are dedicated to upholding and defending the Constitution of the United States, maintaining law and order, and to preserve the memories and incidents of our associations in the great wars. The Legion's awards recognizes cadets from each academic class. A distinction is made for scholastic and military excellence. Brigham was one of the four cadets chosen for this award.
His 3rd award was the National Defense Industrial Association Award. This award is presented for outstanding performance in officer training, for maintaining a high standard in academic achievement and leadership, and for displaying exceptional interest in all matters pertaining to defense preparedness and national security.
Brigham's 4th award was the Air Force ROTC Achievement Award. This award is given to no more than 15% of the cadet corps for sustained excellent performance in all facets of the officer training experience. Five juniors from the detachment received this award and then Brigham was on of the three seniors who received it as well.
So there you go.
My husband is TOTALLY AWESOME!

The opening of Parade

The Color Guard
Brig is the one on the right with the gun

The Color Guard

Brig receiving one of his four awards
5 comments:
Wow, that's awesome! Good job Brigham!
It works! I can see all the posts! I am glad your blog isn't on meth anymore!! :)
P.s. Your hubby is amazing. Remember how you were awesome and decided to marry him instead of go to Russia? Either way it meant you and I could never be roommates, but oh, well. :)
There is no price for awesomeness -- and attractiveness:) !!!
I'm so glad I could finally read this post! I've been checking the past couple of days but it wasn't working. Brigham you ROCK!! You guys are so perfect for each other because you're BOTH so incredibly AMAZING! We love you guys, can't wait to see you in July!
Way to go Brigham!!!
Post a Comment