He is the inspiration of this post.Barkley has been a member of my family for quite some time now, so you could say I'm quite attached.
Well, in my dream last night, Barkley passed away due to an illness he had contracted. [The illness doesn't really exist...it was just my dream.]
It was amazing the heart ache that my "dream" self experienced. I even woke up with wet cheeks.
As I lay in bed contemplating my dream, I thought about how it is inevitable that Barkley will eventually die in my lifetime and I will have to experience real heart ache because of it.
But then again, every one goes through some type of heart ache or another throughout there life. It is unavoidable.
I also came to the conclusion that I would live through that heart ache a million times if I could versus never experiencing it at all.
It is because of my sorrow, pain, and loneliness that I know joy, happiness, and peace.
With each and every encounter, my capacity for love, joy, and peace increases and I experience more joy that I have ever previously felt.
Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy. -Alma 36:21
Our trials and stumbling blocks help us to truly experience life. How would we know if we were happy, if we had never experienced sorrow?
So, there.
~A little side note: While I was laying in bed thinking about all of this Brigham giggled. I asked him what was so funny, and he said that someone made a really funny face in his dream. :)
I so love him!
4 comments:
I know exactly how you feel darling. I was looking through some pictures on my laptop the other day and became really sentimental when I stumbled upon pictures of Jack, my favorite dog in the world. How I love and miss my little chubby dog! It will be quite sad when he is no longer around, but I agree with you on growing and moving through tough experiences. P.S. You and Brig are so funny!
Strange as this may seem. I had a similar thought not too long ago. I cried... Talon comforted me and then I came to the same conclusion. How lucky we are to have these joys and love in our lives!
Love you sis!
Chels, how I LOVE you! You are a great example to me and I'm lucky to know you and have you in my family! I needed to hear that today, and I love the scripture you posted with it. Thanks!
I'm off to hug Barkley :)
Post a Comment