They started telling Brigham and I about how Ruth [Russell's girlfriend] freaked MaKell out earlier that day.
I was listening to the story, but then Jared piped in from over by the fridge. He said something like...."You crazy kids are all doing it nowadays."
I looked up at him and just stared with a dumbfounded look on my face.
Everyone started laughing, and then Brig nudged my arm.
I looked up and the first thing that caught my eye was Ruth's hand....and there was a ring on it.
It took me awhile for that to register because I had to figure out if that was her left hand.
[You know how you have to hold your hands out and envision yourself facing the same way as the other person to figure out which is their right or left hand....ya I had to do that.]
I don't really remember what I said after the synapses made the connection, or if I even said anything.
Brig's mom finally said, "You took that a lot better than MaKell. She freaked out."
Worried for being mistaken as impartial or unexcited I exclaimed..."I was inbetween chews!"
I then quickly got up, shoved Jared out of the way, and plopped down next to Ruth to hug my new future-sister-in-law and admire her ring. It was definitely a Ruth ring.
So, there you have it.
My Sunday surprise was an Engagement of the best kind!
I still do not have a camera, so cannot post a cutepicture of the happy couple, so I stole this one off the internet.
[This proves that your pictures are never safe...at least from me.]
Fun filled fact for those who care:
Why do we wear our Engagement/Wedding rings on the fourth finger of the left hand?
Well, according to Wikipedia (the best source out there), there is a vein that runs directly from the heart to the fourth finger of the left hand, and is called the vena amoris, which is translated as the "vein of love."
Notice the "vein of love" is in the left hand.
This proves that Left-handed people are superior. :)
Why do we wear our Engagement/Wedding rings on the fourth finger of the left hand?
Well, according to Wikipedia (the best source out there), there is a vein that runs directly from the heart to the fourth finger of the left hand, and is called the vena amoris, which is translated as the "vein of love."
Notice the "vein of love" is in the left hand.
This proves that Left-handed people are superior. :)
2 comments:
Hooray for Russell and Ruth!! :)
Finally, someone who sees lefties as superior!! :) That is always exciting to get a new family member!
Post a Comment