The boys and I have really enjoyed being closer to family these past couple months. We've already spent a couple weekends out at my in-laws place. Andy loves going out there. He always talks about playing with Aunt Shanny and helping Grandpa Wayne and Grandma Cheryl with the chickens.
He's also been able to help with the garden. Apparently he was helping pick some of the watermelons and was bringing one in when he accidentally dropped it. The watermelon broke in half and Andy proceeded to pick it up and eat it while he walked inside. Grandpa Wayne thought it was hilarious.
One night for dinner we had "Marv & Joe's" with smoothies. I am a big fan of smoothies and that has apparently rubbed off on my children. Andy thoroughly enjoyed his smoothie.
So, I think that everyone needs an Aunt Shanny in there life. She is the bomb. She spent an entire afternoon playing "Pirates" with Andy. Needless to say, he is now smitten with her.
I'm so very grateful for this short period of time that we have to be closer to family before we are off again wherever the Air Force takes us. As my mom would say, "Family is Everything!"
No comments:
Post a Comment