Day 9: Hot Fudge Sauce
Mmmm.... just the smell of my mom's hot fudge sauce causes nostalgia.
Once again, every year that I can remember, my mom has made her most deliciously famous hot fudge sauce to deliver to friends and neighbors. I remember in years past how I would watch her stand at the stove and stir away and then she would pour the gorgeous brown stuff into little jars. I always wanted to lick the pot or the spoon or stick my fingers in the jars. :)
Thankfully my mom has shared her skills, so I've taken up making hot fudge sauce each year too.
It is such a great Christmas gift to give to those around you. And so tasty.
Since it's such a great recipe I thought that I might as well share it's joys.
Ingredients:
1 stick butter
4 squares baking chocolate (unsweetened)
3 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 can evaporated milk
Directions:
Melt butter and chocolate together. Stir in sugar until cakey looking. Add vanilla and evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is creamy.
And that's it. The only tricky/time consuming part is that you have to be at the stove basically the whole time stirring. My mom has recently taken to making a quadruple batch at a time. Speeds things up.
After you are done, just pour it into mason jars, and then put the tops on. My mom always cut out circles of Christmas-y fabric to adorn the tops of the jars and make it look a little more festive.
This year Brig and I came up with a little rhyme to adorn our jars as well.
We printed it onto some mailing labels and then just stuck them onto the jars.
Brig took the jars to work today to deliver and I'm hoping sometime this week we can get out and deliver the rest. I think we're going to go caroling as we deliver them. I love carolers. They always bring so much joy to my soul. It's a treat to my ears, and I think it makes it even better when they provide a treat for your mouth too! Or in this case... your tummy. :)



1 comment:
This is so cute and creative! And sounds super yummy too!
Post a Comment