Day 5: Pj's on Christmas Eve
I think about everyone and their dog gets pj's on Christmas Eve. At least it seems that way sometimes. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I love that we get pj's.
And I love that they match! Opening pj's on Christmas Eve has been a family tradition for over 20 years, but the matching part has been a tradition for the past 7 or so years.
I don't have pictures of all the years, but I do for the past 5.
Here's 2006:
(Side note: I always get shorts instead of pants because I can't sleep in them. Before my mom started making shorts for me I would always change out of them for sleeping and then back in for Christmas morning... call me weird if you want. My dad does...)
2007: Even though Brig and I weren't married quite yet, he still got some pj's. We had nicknames on our shirts this year.
2008: This year our Texas Longhorn pride really shone through.
Even Barkley was supporting the Longhorns...
2009: This was the year Brig and I were at the Moore's for Christmas Eve.
2010: Andy's first Christmas. His pj's were HUGE on him, but he was still absolutely adorable. Everyone present that night would agree with me.
And here's the crew!
Notice my legs? hehe...
Now, I don't know about everyone else that gets to open pj's on Christmas Eve, but ours are always in matching boxes with the same wrapping paper. After all of the evening festivities we divvy out all the boxes and then once everyone has theirs we race to open them, and then race to see who can get in theirs the fastest.
Here's a picture of everyone opening their presents last year.
And here's another one of Brig and I racing to open ours one year when we were at the Moore's for Christmas Eve. The blurriness of the picture is obviously from our super human speed.
I'm a little sad that we won't be able to race with everyone else this year. I need more of a challenge that my siblings offer. I destroyed Brigham the year we were at the Moores. :)
Can't wait to see what my mom's got up her sleeves this year...









1 comment:
ACTUALLY- this tradition has been going on for many many moons-- I think more like 20 years or possibly more! :D I know... hard to believe. Our mother is AMAZING!
Post a Comment