
The theme for Military Monday is about the Military Ball, so I thought I would share my most recent experience at an Air Force Ball.
Back in September I went to my first "real" Air Force Ball. I have attended others before, but they were back at USU with the ROTC program.
I'm glad they don't have a lot of these... mostly because it was $60 a plate, each. So we had to shell out a lot of money to go to a "required" event that most people don't even attend. Although enjoyable, the food was definitely not worth 60 dollas.
Something neat up here that is available on our base is a dress rental for formal Air Force events.
Although I don't have a large collection of nice dresses, I didn't end up using it because my mom shipped one of my dresses up that I wore to Senior Ball back in High School. I love this dress. When I first got it, I thought to myself that when I was ready to get married I would get the white version of it. Totally forgot about that until just now. Oh well, I LOVED my wedding dress too.
Brig got all snazzy in his "Mess Dress." That is what they call their formal attire. It's a bit expensive, and required for Officers to purchase. I learned that night that it isn't required for enlisted members to purchase the Mess Dress.

Here are 2 other officers that are up here as Civil Engineers.

And here is another officer Brig works with.

I took a picture of my place setting. It just looked so official.

The star means I got the halibut.
The evening was wonderful. After the meal, and presentation, etc. there was dancing!
Oh, how I love dancing with Brig. He's a fabulous dancer and I was winded after the first song. We only stayed for the first couple songs, because by that time it was already 10:00 and we didn't want to leave our friends in charge of our little guy all night.
It was fun to dress up and act like a princess for a night.
It was fun to dress up and act like a princess for a night.

2 comments:
Wow! You look beautiful! How fun for you guys. :)
That sounds awesome! You look fabulous! I am not looking forward to have to fork out the big bucks for Ben's new dress uniform when he commissions in a year and half. I am really curious to see the difference in the balls "out there" than just at the ROTC (although they are super fun!)
Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment