It's been quite the weekend.
It always seems that if one thing needs fixing, everything else will fall apart so you can fix it then too. Unfortunately everything always ends up costing a bit to fix it.
On Saturday we took our bikes into REI to get tune-ups and they need all kinds of lovin'.
Then later that day the Mac decided it wanted to die. (Ironic?) Well... not completely die. It just needs a new hard drive. Bleh.
And then being the forgetful mother I am, picked Andy up by one arm and popped his radial nerve out. Thank heavens for my awesome ortho daddy who told me what I needed to do to pop it back in.
Then the next morning Andy decided he wanted to choke on a little bit of peach so we had to rip him out of his high chair and pound on his back. Whew... that was scary.
And if that wasn't enough for one day's excitement I chipped my tooth while eating... get this.... Pirate's Booty. If you don't know what that is, they are white cheddar flavored puffs that dissolve in your mouth. The really ironic thing about this was that I had a dentist appointment only 2 hours later.
I had to go back the next day (yesterday) to get a crown, but then ended up needing a root canal. So my mouth was wide open for like 4 hours yesterday. My jaws a little sore today.
But besides all of the things "falling apart" I definitely have things to be thankful for.
I've got great insurance that helped cover a lot of the cost for the dental work...
I've got a brilliant father who knew exactly what I needed to do to help Andy's elbow, and a brilliant husband who helped him get the peach out of his throat when it really mattered.
Also, on Saturday there was a 50% deal for shop work on bikes. Thank you PFD sale day!
There are all sorts of other things I could list that I'm grateful for as well.
Like the wonderful lady who babysat Andy for practically the whole day yesterday. And she has 3 of her own kids.
Since I was feeling so grateful today I figured it was the perfect time to post my Thanksgiving themed hats on my crochet blog. (www.achickwsticks.com) I love how they turned out. Especially Terry the turkey. His big blue eyes practically kill me. :)

4 comments:
You are so talented - I LOVE those hats! That is a crazy weekend! I'm glad that things are okay! Choking scares me to death and I always worry that when it actually matters I'd...choke (forgive the pun) and not be able to help a child. Good luck with everything!
Oh my heck! You are so talented. I was showing my mom your crochet blog last night because she wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas and my little sister was freaking out over some of the hats. You are amazing!
I am glad Andy is OK. Choking is super scary!
SO CUTE!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!
You're so amazing to have such a positive outlook on a rough weekend. I'm glad everything worked out and the hats are absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment