6.04.2011

F.Y.F.

Follow Your Feet.

That is what Brig said the title of this post should be.

It's amazing the places you'll go if you do just follow your feet. (Anybody else thinking of "Oh, the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Suess?)

Well, we've been following our feet mostly on dirt trails as of late.

And here are some photos to prove it.


On the above pictured excursion we saw 4 moose. It was a gorgeous day. We went with some people from Brig's Civil Engineering Group.

Here is a picture of two of the moose we saw.

I didn't want to stick around and wait for a good picture. I didn't want to get trampled.

The weekend following (last weekend) Brig went with his AF buddy Nick for a 24 mile over-nighter hike. So while he was hiking somewhere in the Alaskan wilderness, Amy, Lana, Andy and I went for a classic hike up Flattop.

It is a 3 1/2 mile hike, with LOTS of stairs. I would have started singing Stairway to Heaven as I was walking up them... but I was quite out of breath.

One of our conversations during our hike was about smiling goofy in the back of someone's picture unbeknownst to them... and then I took this picture.

Please notice Lana in the background. It was so funny. We had a good laugh.

It started to rain while we were up near the top, so I busted out the poncho. Andy is the little growth you see on the front of me. He fell asleep on the way down to the sound of the rain.

It wasn't as long or grueling as Brig's 24 miler, but it was definitely a great work-out!

4 comments:

Damaris said...

I love to read about all your outdoor hikes and other activities. I hope to be just like you one day!

Michelle said...

That looks like so much fun!

Janalee said...

oh my heck! did his hat say I Love av, like aggie village? thats awesome!!!

Chelsea said...

Haha! No, it actually says, AK for Alaska. But we sure do love AV!