6.15.2011

Half Way to One

Andy had his half birthday last weekend. Or as Brig would say, "He's point five."

This was his first time shopping with me not in his car seat. He was so happy and adorable. I think he really enjoyed it. He was squealing with delight, and smiling at everyone he saw. And I had TONS of cart space. :)

And I'm so excited for Father's Day. Mostly because of the awesome gift I'm giving Brig. Here is a teaser.

I couldn't resist sharing this photo.

It's strange to think that I've been a momma for 6 months now.

In honor of his half b'day, I'll share 6 new things about him.

1. Andy has one tooth that finally broke the surface, and I think there are a couple more waiting to make their move. It's strange how as your baby hits different milestones you have mixed feelings...

2. He can officially turn in a circle on his belly. He's getting really good spinning around to look at me as I walk past him. He can also scoot forward toward objects he wants to get his hands on.



[I coaxed him with that puppy book.]

3. He giggles the most when I make a "kissy" noise. His laugh is to die for! He has now started laughing when I tickle him, instead of just squirming. So cute.

4. I had to put away his 0-3 clothes, and some of his 3-6 month. That means he is growing! Don't know how much he weighs yet. (It's darn near impossible to get a well baby appointment up here on base during the summer.) He weighed about 13 lbs at his 4 month appointment so I'm guessing maybe around 15 lbs? Or more.

5. Andy has become a champ at napping in his crib.

6. He knows how to work a tape measure. I gave him a little round one to play with while he was sitting next to me on the couch, and he stayed occupied for quite some time.


There you have it: Six things about an adorable boy who has been alive for 6 months.

4 comments:

Shirlene said...

Just look at those adorable little feet poking out from under the "D"!! I showed Leesha the picture of Brig's surprise, and she wanted me to tell you she is totally copying your idea! I seriously cannot wait until you bring that little darling to see us in just 3 weeks and 1 day!!!

Marie said...

He's absolutely adorable! And so big!

Janalee said...

I cannot believe he is six months!!! that is so weird to me. I forget that he is only three months younger than Kale. They are growing too fast!!

Camaree said...

So cute! Love your little man!