4.11.2011

Rolling in to 4 Months

Well, I have now officially been a mom for 4 months. Seems crazy.

They always tell you how fast time goes... and they are always right. It has flown by.

Here are some funny things about Andy:

He is quite the noisy eater.
A small jar of Jif for the small man. (Not really)

He is also quite the talker. He coos like crazy. Especially when I read to him. He has also been known to mumble and whine for extended periods of time. No crying... just whining. (Although he does cry.)

He loves to sit, but really loves to stand.
While he eats noisily he will either rub my arm or my shirt.
(Sometimes he pinches my arm. I don't so much like it when he does that.)

He has continued to suck on his hand and in the past month he has successfully begun sucking on his fingers or his thumb.

He has been known on occasion to stick his fingers far enough into his mouth that he gags himself.

His best friend is his reflection.

In the morning, or right after a nap, when I put him down to change his diaper he freaks out. It's as if I was torturing him.

He seems to enjoy sleeping with his arms up by his face/head. When he is sucking on his binkie he gets his arm up nice and close and turns his head a little to the side, so if his binkie comes out he can push it back in. Lately he has been sleeping on his side, and last night he rolled over and slept on his stomach.

He rolled over for the first time on the 31st of March. I swear he rolled over about 50 times today. He's getting better and better at getting that arm out from underneath himself.

We call this his "Little Mermaid" pose. He's just prepping to roll over.

He has a great love for bath time and loves splashing. I think he plans his blowouts accordingly. He had to have two baths one day.

He is a really happy kid.


He LOVES to drool and blow bubbles.

He uses his burp cloths as little blankies and holds them up by his face.

I love coming to get him in the morning. There is just something wonderful about seeing your baby smiling as big as he can when he sees you.

He is actually sleeping really well. I can usually get two naps out of him a day and then he only wakes up once in the morning to eat in between 4-6am. Then he'll sleep for another 3 or 4 hours.

Yes that is a button mark on his face. He fell asleep on Brig one day.

He has begun to watch me intently when I have things in my hand. It's as if he wants what I have. Especially food. If something is going in my mouth I think he wants it to go in his too.

He seems to really enjoy going on walks. Down in Alabama we borrowed an umbrella stroller from the loan center on base. It was awesome. I need to go purchase one for us here. Still deciding on what to get. (Suggestions?)

Going along with walks... I pretty much think he just loves being outside. If he was ever crying or being fussy all I had to do was walk outside and he was just as peachy as could be. Since we've been back in AK it's a little more difficult to do this, cause it's still relatively cold here.

I love this picture! And even though he's not smiling he really does like being outside.

I'm pretty sure he loves it when his parents do silly things to him.

This one's for Damaris :)

Believe it or not, but this actually keeps him occupied for quite some time.

Brig and Andy played Uno one night. Brig won because Andy forgot to call "Uno"

I've really enjoyed crocheting as of late. I pretty much try every hat I've made on Andy. He always smiles big for me when I put them on.
I thought that posting a picture of him wearing a "boy" hat
would be less humiliating for him later on in life. :)


And I can say with a lot of confidence that he loves his momma and poppa.

9 comments:

Susan said...

He is such a cutie! I can't believe he's four months already. Time does fly, Luke will be TWO on thursday! Help me. (:

Tara and Brigham said...

Chels, he is adorable!!! How fun :)

Anonymous said...

Love that orange hat. And Brig sure has a unique sense of style in those hawaiian shorts and tie-dye shirt. ;) Chels, you look beautiful and so happy as a mommy!

Nicki said...

Andy is adorable! Babies do change so fast, I often find myself wishing I could slow down time. But they just keep growing like crazy!

Sarah said...

I can't get over how much he looks like Brigham in these pictures! I hope you guys are having a great time in Alaska. :D

Janalee said...

well he sounds like a normal healthy four month old! The reason why he is watching you eat, is because he is anxiously ready to eat solids! I remember someone telling me that is a huge sign when they are ready to eat. They watch the spoon go in your mouth, and its a new concept to them besides the bottle. Just a little fyi!:)

Burke and Emily Adams said...

He is so handsome Chelsea and I love his happy smile!

Damaris said...

I love the pants on the head! Also, the picture of him in his Awesome Dude shirt - He looks so very much like Brigham in that picture. I love it.

PS - We love Dominion. I so glad you introduced us to it. If you make it to Logan before we leave we'll have to play again.

Unknown said...

He is so adorable! And growing so fast. Babies are just too much fun.