10.12.2010

A Three State Update

What do Alaska, Utah and Ohio have in common?

Well, we have been in all three locations in the past week.
[A visit to Utah, back to Alaska, and then off to Ohio for some Air Force training]

What do a baby shower, a homecoming, and playing in Park City have in common?

We participated in all of these events in the past 2 weeks.
[All of these events took place during our visit to Utah]

Currently, I am sitting in a hotel room in Ohio just miles from the "birthplace of aviation"....and not being grateful that they invented such a terrible form of travel for pregnant women.

But that is besides the point.

On the 30th of September my brother returned home from his mission in Costa Rica. My mother wanted all of us there for the weekend so Brig and I made plans to visit Utah. I flew in Wednesday the 29th so I could be there at the airport when Chase got home, and then Brig came Friday night after a crazy week of work.

One of my awesome sisters (Nicole) decided to throw me a baby shower while I was in town, and it was great! She recruited the help of Lindsie and Christine and it couldn't have been better. I loved seeing everyone that came, missed those that couldn't make it, and am so grateful for all the cool stuff our little man now owns.

Here are some photos, compliments of Melanie's sweet new camera and Christine who used my "still-sweet-but-not-as-sweet-as-Melanie's" camera.


My extremely amazing piano teacher

One of my other mothers

Some of Brig's "second family" members.
[I lucked out and got two families of great in-laws.]

A group of wonderful women that I someday hope to be like.

Another group of wonderful women.

The "Onesie Cake" and its creator.
[I have a lot of live up to when it's Nicole's turn for a baby shower.]

One of my good friends gave me this outfit for "Duke."
I think that it will be perfect for my Alaskan child.

Another of my favorites was this onesie...

There wasn't any more room on the couch.

And here I am with my final stash of goodies from the shower.
It was a rather large pile.

Although I have MANY more pictures of both presents and people...this post is already going to be long enough as is, so I will move on to the next big event. A big THANKS to everyone that came!

Just a night later (the shower was Wednesday...now it's Thursday) my brother made his debut at the SLC airport after his two year absence to Costa Rica.

Here are some photos of the gang waiting for his arrival.

My uber-excited mother

Cousin Karl and wife Allie

Nicole modeling one of our super sweet airport made posters.

These are our excited faces....
[I would like everyone to please notice the look on my mother's face.
I believe that one is priceless.]


The welcoming committee (minus Melanie and I)

And then... we saw him!
[He's the lone guy in the suit under the "No Entry" sign]

And then there was much hugging, crying, and laughter... and even a little bit of apostle stalking.

These pictures melt my heart.


The Fantastic 5

As we were waiting with our cameras ready, Elder Oaks walked by and waved at us. All Melanie and I could muster was a meager, "hello" and then we had to sneak a picture as he went up and away.

Because it was General Conference weekend my dad had a mandatory choir practice he couldn't miss if he wanted to sing with the choir. So, on our way to the airport we dropped him off at the conference center, picked Chase up, and then went back for my dadeo. It was fun to be all together again.

The fun didn't stop there though. My mom planned a whole weekend of "FFF" (Freewill Family Fun). [FFF used to stand for Forced Family Fun...but I decided it needed a new definition for this particular weekend.]

Which leads to the last main event of our Utah stay. General Conference Weekend at Park City.

Not only were all 11 family members present, but we had Karl and Allie there, as well as two of Chase's friends, Ryan and Mark.

While hanging out in Park City we played hacky-sac, rode the Alpine slide & coaster, watched General Conference, ate delicious food, went shopping, and played fun games.

Proof that "Duke" and I were there.

Proof that Nicole was there.

The Three Homies

The padres

The three stooges

An extremely excited BLT

An irresistably cute Brigham

The amazing Karlptimus Prime and Alprimodius

My mom after her obviously enjoyed coaster ride

Proof that Melanie's feet were where they were supposed to be.

The whole gang (-Melskizzles)

Another shot of the whole gang, but somehow missing Talon.

And that, my friends, is quite the update, no?

Mostly about Utah... but all about family and fun!

5 comments:

Jane Anne said...

You have a really cute family :) Hope Ohio treats you well!

Heather said...

Fun fun!! It was great to see you twice!!

Condie Family said...

How fun! If I was in Logan I would totally have been at your shower.

Shelley said...

Your other mother totally loves you and your whole darling family!

The Crookston Fam said...

What a fun trip! I am so glad that I got to see you!! :)