10.10.2009

The Slide, The Coaster, and The Beer Cans

For Conference weekend, my family went and stayed in the Marriott Hotel in Park City, and Brig and I were invited to tag along.

On Friday night, after an intense game of ping pong, we went out exploring.


We were out perusing the town, looking for a place to eat, enjoying the scenery


...some even enjoyed jumping over the scenery.


On our journey, Brig made a new friend.

His name is Franz... the plaque on the bench says so.


We eventually found a pizza place that we wanted to eat at, so we walked in and this is the view that greeted us.

Beer cans everywhere. It was pretty impressive to see. All the walls were covered in different brands of beer cans.

Our table was even dedicated to beer.

In honor of this restaurant, I got a beer made from roots to celebrate.

When my dad sat down at a table he looked up. He instantly realized he had sat right underneath a Texas Longhorn flag. He thought it was destiny.


Brig thought it was pretty cool that they had a sweet picture of Bob Marley among all the beer cans.

Brig loves Bob Marley.

He also loves General Conference, and thanks to my dad, we had 4 tickets to the Saturday morning session.

Melanie, Dustin, Brig, and I were the lucky ones.

Here are some pictures of our adventure in Salt Lake.


My mom got to stay at the hotel with Nicole. [BLT (Brother in-Law Talon) was out hunting for Bambi's brother.]


After the Saturday afternoon session, we seized the opportunity to enjoy some of the rides Park City has to offer during the off season.

The Alpine Coaster and the Alpine Slide.

Here we are doing the Alpine Coaster.
Somehow I missed getting a picture of Nicole. Sorry. :(

Here we are getting ready to do the Alpine Slide! It was pretty exciting.



It was a great weekend, and Brig and I were super glad that we didn't have to pay for anything.

Free vacations are the best!

*Disclaimer: Vacations with family are the absolute bestest...even if they aren't free. :)

2 comments:

The Crookston Fam said...

I have totally been to that pizza place! I don't remember if it was even good or not...just that I saw more beer cans that day than I'd seen in the rest of my life combined.

Shirlene said...

You're welcome :) Besides, do you see me frowning in any of the photos? A happy, good time was had by all!