10.13.2009

A Blessing In Disguise?

So...I've got a silly little story to share.

It actually happened today around 9:30.

But I'll begin the story at 6:00am, when I woke up.

I woke up early so that I could study for my Social Psych test that I would be taking at 10:30.

After reading my scriptures, and eating a delicious bowl of cereal, I told myself I could study until 9:15, and then head off to my class that started at 9:30.

The time came to leave for class, so I jumped on my bike and started off to school. The whole time I was riding there I thought that campus seemed a little empty.

No one was around.

Normally, there are tons of people hurrying to class.

I didn't figure out why no one was around until I was in the bathroom blowing my nose.

It was Tuesday.

My class started at 9:00am ....not 9:30.



Well, I didn't end up going to my nine o'clock class today.

You're probably wondering why I didn't just walk in late, but let me tell you...

If you had a professor who HATES it when people come in late to his class, you wouldn't go either.

He actually threatens to lock the door at 9:00, because he believes it is disrespectful to come in late. Sometimes when people come in around 9:01 and he gives them the stare of death. He stops whatever he is doing and just stares at them until they sit down.

I opted not to go and be humiliated further.

Instead I went and chatted with a fellow music therapy student, told her my story, had a good laugh, and then went and studied a little bit more before my exam.

I'm going to think of this as a blessing in disguise. :)

5 comments:

Burke and Emily Adams said...

Ha ha! Nice Chels! Don't worry though...we all do stuff like this. For example, I caught my hair on fire two weeks ago...opps. :) Hope you're doing well!

Heather said...

That's funny! I hope your test went well!

Brianne said...

haha! LOVE it! Is the prof. the infamous music history guy who replaced the most amazing professor. ever...? I hope your test went well. And congrats on ditching class. Freud would say your subconcious hates him.

Anonymous said...

Oh Chels. I just love you and loved seeing you in Social Psych after it all happened. Btw, you weren't the only one having a crazy day, check out my most recent post... ;)

DeeAura said...

Phew! I felt nervous just reading that. I hate being late. It gives me the cold sweats. :) hahah. Oh, Chels, I like you. :)