10.16.2009
Lessons To Be Learned
I love that after the man found the first silver dollar he was grateful and felt blessed, but after finding the second he was completely overcome.
If each of us "put a couple silver dollars in someone's shoes today" the world would be so much better.
I recently was the recipient of a "silver dollar in the shoes" story. It wasn't as extreme as in the movie, but I still think it qualifies.
My computer recently came down with an ailment that is known as the "Blue Screen of Death." For those who don't know what this is...it is a bad thing. Hence the word death.
There was no way I could have fixed the problem.
Thankfully, I have an amazing neighbor and friend who was willing to take care of the problem for FREE. He just offered. Like it was no big deal.
He saved my pictures, our music, our assignments. Everything.
He even backed up all my pictures on our external hard drive. That alone took him 2 hours. But he still did it.
For FREE.
That my friends is a silver dollar story.
I'm so grateful that God doesn't put us on a path and let us walk through life alone with no intersections. I believe that there is a myriad of paths out there that are crossing and intersecting all the time, and these paths carry people who were meant to help make our life a little more enjoyable, and a little more bearable.
I hope a thank you card, and multiple free pie coupons will let my neighbor know how much he has helped me out.
So, what is your silver dollar story?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Can't tell you a particular story right now, but I've had many in my life. I will tell you that I shed tears throughout the entire video. So inspirational. Thanks for sharing!
I am actually using that video in my lesson coming up. I had found it a few weeks back and found it so inspiring. I Have sooo many silver dollar stories. ask me about it sometime. I also like to call them tender mercies.
Chels,
That video brought me to tears. Thank you so much for sharing. Also, how do you post a video like that without it just coming up like a hyper link?
Thanks for sharing this, cousin! It made me cry at work, but I don't mind. :)
Post a Comment