Luckily, we were able to bring it back to life after a jump start.
But then on our way to the bank.... it died again.
Since the bank is right by Nic and Tal's place, Tal came over and charged our battery for a little bit so we could make it to Midas.
Dear Midas. What would I do without Midas?
After this the car was running fantastically and I thought we were golden at least until next year.
Make that until last Friday.
As we (Brig, Nic, Tal, and myself) got in the car to go get some yummy ice cream we heard a crack and then a loud rubbing noise. I jumped out to see what happened....
Our front passenger side tire was not centered anymore.
Brig attempted to pull forward and the tire jumped to center again. It was such a strange thing to watch. The car kind of lifted up when that happened too. So Brig tried backing up again, and it went back to the side. Then to the front as he pulled forward.
Something was definitely wrong.
We didn't even make it out of the parking lot. We ended up towing it to Midas.
Dear Midas. What would I do without Midas?
My mother was actually the one who got it towed, because she has Triple A, which means free....
She said it was pretty enjoyable to watch the guy try and get the car onto his truck without making things worse.
Turns out that this time the ball joint was the problem. It was broken.
So, we ended up paying for that too, and thought for sure that we would be good until next year.
Try the next day.
There was a strange clicking noise coming from that front tire side as we drove it home, and it got worse the second day. I called Midas to see if that was a normal thing after getting the ball joint replaced.
It wasn't.
So, we took it back to Midas.
Dear Midas. What would I ever do without dear, beautiful Midas.
More like what would they do without me? I think they would go bankrupt, or at least be really bored.
Well, this time round it was the front axel. It needed to be replaced. Luckily, it was still under warranty, so we didn't have to pay for it.
A funny part of this story is that when I went to pick up the car yesterday they gave me the wrong key. We (me, the secretary, and other workers) looked for the key everywhere, but couldn't find it. I had my keys so I was able to drive it home, but it was still ironic that I couldn't just go pick up the car without anything strange happening.
Then today, as I was driving out to Hyrum, the guy next to me tells me I have a flat tire.
Great.
So, I pulled off into a storage unit parking lot and began the process of changing my tire.
It was actually quite the adventure.
The lug nuts were rusted so I had to jump on the lug nut wrench to get them loose. Some guy driving a bus stopped to see what was wrong and seemed very impressed that I actually knew how to change a tire.
Thank you Young Women Leaders.
All would have been fine and dandy, and I could have been on my way but... I was pretty sure that my spare tire was flat too. I was also pretty sure that even if I put air in my spare tire, it would blow up on me.
So, as I was in the process of jumping on the lug nut wrench I began calling people.
I called my dad... he was in surgery.
I called my mom... she had to be somewhere in 15 minutes.
My mom called Mel... couldn't get a hold of her.
I couldn't call Brig.... he was in class
I called Nicole... she had to teach a piano lesson.
She passed the phone to Tal... He could come!
Dear Talon. What would I ever have done without Talon?
Our plan of action was to use their car's spare tire so I could get to the shop and get my tire fixed.However, things did not go according to the plan. Their spare tire had 5 lug nuts. Ours is ancient and old school, so it only has 4. See the problem?
So, Tal hucked the tire into the back of their car and drove me to Big O.
Dear Big O. What would I ever do without Big O's tire expertise?
At least it wasn't Midas. Although, I did go there today to pick up our missing key. Turns out It had been mixed up with a jeep key.
The Big O guys fixed my tire, and sneaky Talon paid for it.... maybe I'll take Nicole to Olive Garden to pay him back. :)
We made it back to my little Blue Subaru, changed the tire, and I was off.
As of now, the Sube is sitting in the parking lot.... hopefully, not planning it's next adventure.



8 comments:
Dang! Watch out for that one. (The car, I mean.) I don't know what you did to make it so angry, but I'd be on your best guard until you figure it out!!
Now imagine if you lived in Bear Lake and that all happened? What would you do without Midas or Big O? Hmmm... Be carless! And a lot of towing. It is good to have these experiences occasionally so that we appreciate when our vehicles are running. AND...I am impressed with the tire changing knowledge.:)
Oh.my. I think your car is telling you it wants off life support and wants to go back to its Maker ... :)
the blue subaru must live on! I would cry if it was gone!
Wow! Lots of fun adventures to laugh about later! I hope it lasts you a little longer!!!
Wow, what a great post!! Dear Chelsea, what would we do without our dear Chelsea? It takes pure talent to write a post about a broken down car and make it enjoyable to read.
Just popped in to see how y'all are doing. That is quite the car story, I hope it stays fixed for at least a year :) We miss you!
Holy Cow!!! That's all I have to say!
Post a Comment