
At the BIG Gala event, that the post before this refers to, the grand piano from the Chapel was moved to the stage for a Book of Mormon performance. After the Gala was over, the Bishop recruited as many men to help him move it back. With Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf's most recent Conference talk being focused on moving a piano, you can imagine how many times it was referred to during this endeavor. It was fun to see his talk in action, and realize how important team work is. The men had to squeeze the piano through the stage door after coming down steps to ground level. They removed the legs of the piano to get it to fit through the doorway, and some were assigned to carry the legs (Below is a dashing picture of our friend Scott Lofley). The actual transport back to the chapel was pretty easy, but moving it back up on the the stand got complicated again. The piano did make it safely back to its resting spot, no injuries to the piano or the men. I wonder if the Bishop will get any other crazy ideas that deal with the piano being moved...




2 comments:
I am a plunker but I absolutely love the piano. We moved ours from my parents house a couple of years ago...it will be there as long as we are here!
DID YOU HEAR I AM COMING TO RIDE WITH YOU ON TUESDAY??? Could you please pick up my employee card at the Logan Beaver office Monday? I am going to e-mail them my picture. SO...are we boarding or tele skiing? I need to go up to the mountian to get my stuff Monday then Cody and I will leave early Tuesday morning and meet you guys down there. I'm excited!
What a complete travesty about the golden stars. I am awarding you 20 for responding about the idea and an additional 30 for any inconveniences that may have been caused due to not receiving yours in a timely manner. Thank you.
Sincerely,
The management
Post a Comment