I could have blogged. I had every evening after bedtime all to myself and nap time too.
BUT... I was working on a super secret project that had a deadline before March 27. I was shooting for a week prior to that.
March 27th was the day that my younger sister Melanie entered the MTC! She's going to Buenos Aires, Argentina and I couldn't be more excited for her.
The Sunday before just this last October General Conference Melanie had talked with her Bishop and expressed her desire to serve a mission, but how due to the age limit of 21 for Sisters, she was going to have to wait another entire year before she was eligible to leave. Then the announcement came during General Conference that the age limit was decreased to 19 for Sisters. She could go!
My youngest brother was also affected by the age limit drop. He could go! He's headed to Bogota, Colombia. He leaves for the Colombian MTC at the beginning of May.
(Cool side note: My cousin also is going to Bogota, Colombia. He's going to the South mission and my bro is going to the North mission!)
So back to my super secret project.
I knew I needed something to keep me occupied during the times I had to myself so I wouldn't wallow in my self-pity of being away from Brig for so long.
Back when several of my best friends from high school left to serve missions of their own I made them each a missionary quilt. I only have a picture of Scott's.
I remember when he opened it my mom said, "What? I don't get a quilt?"
That has obviously been eating at me for these past 4ish years.
So...if you put those three together (Future missionaries Melanie & Dustin, and Post-missionary Chase) I had the perfect project to keep me occupied.
I made them quilts!! And I had so much fun making them! I've learned more about quilting since I made the ones for my friends so these are little nicer and higher quality.
Here are the quilts:
And here they are with their awesome new owners:
![]() |
| Chase |
![]() |
| Melanie |
![]() |
| Dustin |






4 comments:
Well done! Those quits are awesome!
Those are awesome! Great job Chelsea!
LOVE LOVE LOVE these- and Chase's face- he finally got his quilt!!! Love and miss you seester!
Holy cow! You are awesome! I love this and will ask you for pointers when I hopefully have a handful of missionaries of my own in 10 years!
Post a Comment