4.24.2013

Is it too late?

Is it too late to post about Valentine's Day?

I guess you could say I'm a little behind on my blogging. As I mentioned before, I had good intentions for when Brig was gone in Korea, but I got a little preoccupied.

Valentine's Day is a pretty low-key holiday in our family, but it is still fun. We made homemade Valentines.

And Andy wore his sweet shirt from Grammy Shirlene. (He actually wore it today too...he calls it his "Robot Shirt.")
He's trying to give a "thumbs up"
When I woke up in the morning I came out of my room to find this:
I wasn't sure what was on the ground because the lights were out, so I kind of jumped. It was a fun little trek around our kitchen and front room. It led to my Valentine from Brig and some candy. Yum. I would take chocolate over flowers any day. Dark chocolate is even better.

Brigham was very proud of his Valentine for the boys. He was chuckling to himself as he was making it.
Roses are red, Violets are blue, You're my Valentine's "offspring", and I sure love you.
My Valentine to Brig was a read-between-the-lines kind of Valentine...
They say:
"I hate when I'm not with you."
"When you're not with me a pain runs through my heart."
"You're not just my friend, you're my best friend."

Andy and I made a bunch of Valentine's for grandparents and cousins. It was fun and simple, and we got a couple pictures in return!


No comments: