We had Easter not too long ago, Cinco de Mayo yesterday, Mother's Day is on Sunday, my birthday is coming up, and so is Memorial Day... not to mention all the other birthdays that happen this month.
And graduations... those are basically holidays. Or should be.
I like Wikipedia's definition of a holiday: a day designated as having special significance for which individuals, a government, or religious group have deemed that observation is warranted.
According to that definition... graduations can count as holidays. :)
And that doesn't even get us into all the summer holidays and happenings.
'Tis the season.
Holidays are starting to find a new light for me. I get to be a mom now... which means I get to start creating our own family traditions.
I didn't do so great at that this Easter (mainly because Andy is still so young) but that doesn't mean we didn't celebrate.
Besides... Grandma Shirlene took care of the parts that I neglected.
Like sending Andy an Easter package.
She sent toys, books, clothes, sunglasses.... I did not feel the need to give Andy an Easter basket due to this awesomeness you see above.
We did color eggs though!
I learned a new/cool technique of how to color eggs to get a "marbled" look. Check out the two on the far left side of the picture.
The Saturday before Easter we spent most of the day with the Atkinsons...bless their hearts.
[Jed was fixing our virus infected computer and Jake and Julie (& Oliver) kept us company most of the day. They even fed us a delicious curry dinner.]
Then the next day the Atkinsons fed us again for a delicious Easter Sunday meal.
Are you sensing a theme?
I even tried the Yams Julie made... and liked them. I had a second helping even. (That is a momentous occasion in my life. I have never liked yams...blech.)
Anyway... Easter was awesome.
And that brings me to the next holiday. It was muy bueno.
Cinco de Mayo!
I don't know why, but I got really excited about this day. I think it was Brig's enthusiasm that rubbed off on me.
In honor of the Mexican holiday I read "The Story of Ferdinand" to Andy, and we pretended that it took place in Mexico and not Spain. :)
Then I made some Taco soup for dinner.
And I really got into the craft idea... there is this awesome site called Kaboose.com.
Let's just say I bookmarked it.
We made Ojos de dios...
...and some sombreros.
I just love the last picture of Andy. He was having fun at our family fiesta.
We ended the day with walk, cause we finally got a stroller. And I'm loving it.
And hopefully so is Andy.














3 comments:
You're an awesome mom! I love all the activities you did. I can't wait to see what you come up with for all the rest of the summer holidays.
Love the hats!
www.camaree.com
Darren and I also love the hats!
Post a Comment