It is quite enjoyable, and it masks your inability to bowl quite well.
Or so I like to think.
To "UNO Bowl" you first need a deck of UNO cards.
Before each time you bowl you are to draw a card.
If you get a number (1-9) then that is the number of steps you are allowed to take before letting the ball fly down the lane. You must start at the black dotted line.
This is me counting my steps.
I've learned that 5 and 6 are my magic numbers, depending on what foot I start with. Any less or more than that and I get a little mixed up.
Moving on...
If you get a reverse card, you bowl backwards.
Here are some example photos:
Draw a skip, and you skip instead of taking steps. [Brig is really cute when he skips. :)]
If you get a Draw two card, you bowl with your non-dominant hand. So, I would bowl right-handed, and Brig would bowl left-handed.
Wild cards are my favorite. You can play these a couple different ways.
You (the bowler) can choose the way/style you bowl, or the other players choose how you must bowl.
One time Brig spun in a circle before he bowled, I had bowl blind... do you get the idea?
This is a wild card bowl for Brig: Under the leg.
I got a strike one time when I did a granny. :)
We ended up playing two games. The first it was just Brig and I, but the second we got Brig's flight commander's son to play with us.
We enjoyed goofing off a little bit and just having some fun with the folks we have gotten to know down here.










6 comments:
Sounds like fun! I'll have to try it out. :)
I've never heard of that before but it sounds way fun!! I'm definitely going to try it out. Then maybe I won't lose like I do every other time!
I love that idea! I definitely want to try it. And if it masks poor bowling skills...all the better!
I agree with everyone else; I definitely have to try it. It looks like a fun way to bowl!
On the mission we would do "Skittles" bowling. Every color of skittle represented a weird way to bowl! Looks like you had fun!
Awesome idea! And it gives me an excuse for my crummy bowling scores :)
Post a Comment