3.06.2011

General Kevin

So, there is this stray chihuahua here at Maxwell AFB....

Everyone calls him General Kevin.
(I think General Tito would be more fitting... but General Kevin it is.)


I guess he's been around for awhile.

Brig was telling me that the security forces guys were unable to catch him so they were going to shoot him, but then they changed their minds and now he has become kind of a mascot.

All of the OTS guys supposedly have to salute him when they see him.
[OTS= Officer Training School]

He mainly hangs around the lodging area that we are staying in right now. I think it's because there are a bunch of grills in the common area so a lot of BBQ's take place.... this is also probably why he is a picky eater and only accepts protein. :)

I've spotted him multiple times just sitting on the outskirts of a party waiting patiently. It's slightly creepy.

Well, tonight when we were coming home from dinner at the Averett's apartment, I spotted him by the laundry room where the steam vents are.

It's been a bit chillier this weekend, and the past couple days it has been raining.

I thought it was hilarious, and actually quite brilliant that General Kevin was hanging out there keeping warm in the steam.

3 comments:

Liv Blair said...

Hilarious! You should post a picture of the little guy!

Shirlene said...

Dad wants a picture of Brigham saluting the general.

Kara Jarvis said...

hey, email me and tell me when you guys are leaving ASBC! I get there Mar 28. Hopefully you're still there!