We were lucky enough this year to celebrate Christmas twice.
Once in AK, and once in UT.
Well, kind of twice in AK.
Brig was still in Ohio when my mom arrived and brought with her presents from Nicole and Talon, which I was instructed to open ASAP. They were some of our "theme" presents so she wanted me to enjoy them while I was at home. [The theme was "I'll Be Home for Christmas"]
We had our second Christmas in Alaska the Monday before Christmas. We didn't want to haul everything down to UT and then back up.
Andy got a Santa suit from Grandma Shirbabe... so we put it on him and then put him under the tree. He was actually quite cozy and fell asleep for a good period of time.
Our Christmas Tree with a close up on our tinfoil star. (Thanks to Susan for the idea!)
Brig's mom brought up this puzzle nativity that we painted... well... Brig ended up painting it. He's talented, isn't he?!
He accidentally painted the wrong side of the cow... :)
And here are some pictures of our loot this year.
Me with my growler of Cream Soda from the Moose's Tooth. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!
Andy's first Christmas present ever. *Well, from his mom and dad.*
It was a little too big... so we returned it and are going to get him a new one for next year.
I go kind of crazy when it comes to presents for Brigham. Especially if we have been separated for a period of time. If he ever blogs about his birthday... you'll get what I mean.
So, here are all the goods I got him.
He desperately needed some new pants. And snow pants.
Here are the other presents that Andy scored.
The red/blue shape toy was from Grandma Shirbabe, and the bunny and "Baby's First Christmas" ornament was from Great-Grandma Hicken.
I scored not only an amazing green snow coat, but I also got an anthology of all Jane Austen's works, a BBC collection of all the Jane Austen movies, and the movie Emma with G. Paltrow. (According to the paper I am holding in the picture it was my Christmas, New Year's, and Anniversary present.)
I got a sewing machine (as it seems like everybody and their dog did as well)
But I bet my story it the best. My mom brought this sewing machine with her, and the whole time I thought it was hers. She was even using it for her sewing projects. (Can you believe she gave me a used machine? Geez.) Well, come Monday when we were getting ready to open the presents... there was the sewing machine in front of the tree with a giant red bow on it. At first I thought she was giving me her sewing machine (which still would have been rockin'!), but then she told me that it was actually a new machine [slightly used by her :) ]. Needless to say, I am pretty excited about it.
We also got our own set of chimes from my parents!
and Snowshoes!!!!!!!
Haven't used mine yet, but Brig used his the next day I believe. He would too.
My Grandma and Grandpa Hicken gave us this awesome sign.
Can you guess what state they live in?
And as always, my mom out did her self with her quilt making skills and gave us this awesome Christmas quilt, with Christmas towels (on Brig's shoulder) and sweet gingerbread man spatula (in Brig's hand).
...AND that was only our first Christmas. Our second in UT is still to come!




























2 comments:
Holy smokes! You guys made a good haul! And your star is much classier than ours...I must say. (:
Chels i loooove the Mooses Tooth! Best place to eat! Wow can i come see you! Your making me miss that wonderful place!
Post a Comment