1.11.2011

Brigham's Resolution

So last New Year's Eve (December 31, 2010) Brigham announced that his New Year's resolution was to have a baby.

Well, I am here to tell you that it has been 1 month since that resolution was accomplished!

We think he is somewhere in the 7-8lb range. Brig weighed himself the other day while holding Andy and then without and that is what he came up with.

Each day it seems as if he is holding his head up longer and longer.

He makes eye contact with us a lot now, and seems to be memorizing our faces when he looks at us.

His story telling ability is getting more and more exciting and detailed as well.

He has thighs like his daddy, and gas like him too... his little toots aren't really that little and can be pretty stinky.

He is also going through his first fight with acne, but I'm sure this bout will be less emotionally challenging than the one he will deal with in his teens. I was telling him I was sorry that he had to deal with his mommy's hormones and Brig humorously remarked, "Don't worry... I have to deal with mommy's hormones too!" :)

I'm still figuring out my New Year's Resolution(s), but here is one that I can state right now:

To be a good mommy to this adorable little micro man.
Brig is going to be gone for about 6 months this year (April to Oct), so I hope I don't accidentally kill the kid while he's gone. That is definitely worthy of a New Year's Resolution!

6 comments:

Shirlene said...

I miss that sweet little pumpkin!!! A lot!!!

Brigham said...

Silly G'ma, he's not a pumpkin :O)

Mindy said...

Shut-up. Did I read that right? Your husband is going to be gone for HALF OF A YEAR!? You're forsurely joking. Yes? And if no, how can you sound so calm about that???

Kara Jarvis said...

Where is Brig going? Is he deploying or going to school? Yeah, you're going to have to elaborate on that one.

Susan said...

Oh, I am sure you won't have any trouble keeping your resolution. (:

What a cutie!

Nicole Anderson said...

So glad for the updated pictures! we miss you all! :D