Last Monday I ventured to the Cinnamon Creek campground for a week of family, friends, food, crafts, lake time, more food, and "moore" family.
It was awesome to be able to see pretty much every member of the Moore Family. Only 4 of the 10 siblings were missing from the reunion, and one of those four were my Brigham. Jared, Ryan, and Kim were the other three.
Even Grandma and Grandpa Young made it up from St. George for the occasion.
Out of the 16 nieces and nephews, all were present except four. The McCumber family (Kim's kids) were unfortunately unable to make it up from Arizona. :(
However, there was a whole lot of fun for the entire week.
Most of this fun included crafts, supplied by Aunt Terry and Grandma Cheryl...
One of the crafts was decorating hats. Here are some cute "before" pictures.
We were given the choice between foam stickers, markers, paint, gems, stamps, and more to decorate.
Here are a few of the amazing results...
The following picture was done by one of the youngest nieces, Josie, who is 2. She was the winner for most paint used in the most stylistic fashion.
And here are the hats that I decorated for Brig and myself. I went with an Alaskan theme and painted some moose.
Besides crafts there was also time spent down at the lake. I unfortunately did not partake in the joyousness of the water because my swimsuit is in a box in a storage unit in Alaska.
And yes, I understand that I could have just swam in my shorts and t-shirt, but I didn't.
Here is a picture of my brother-in-law TJ. If you look close enough you can see a white film layer on his face. He made sure he had plenty of sunscreen on.
I think one of my favorite parts of the reunion was all the amazing food we were blessed to consume.
And here is the man responsible.
He made sure that everyone was well fed with a wonderful variety of camp-style meals. I thank him with all of my heart!
Here are some other pictures relating to food.
It was so much fun to play with all the kids and then telling hilarious stories around the camp fire at night.
Another bonus of the week was that my family came up for a little bit.
Even Chase made it up for a couple nights. :)
For me, another highlight of the week was going down to Logan on Thursday for an ultrasound.
When I got back up to the reunion I had a bag full of candy to reveal the gender of the newest addition to the Moore family. If the candy was blue, it was a boy....and if the candy was pink, it was a girl.
Here is a picture of Grandma Cheryl getting ready to pull out the candy.
And the color was...blue.
Which means I'm having a boy. :)
and yes...Brig and I are both pretty excited.
Obviously the reunion is now over, because I'm blogging about it.
It was so much fun to see all the fam one last time before I move far, far away. I've got till the 18th of August before I head back up there to meet Brig when he gets back from Ukraine.
Wish me luck!



























7 comments:
Yay!!!! a Boy I am so excited for you!
Congrats on the boy!! Boys are so much fun!
What a fun way to reveal your baby's gender! Congrats on your little boy. I totally guessed right!
Yeah for boys! :)
So fun, congrats! :)
How exciting! Congrats!
That sounds like such a super fun reunion! what a fun and creative way to announce your having a boy! Leave It to you to be so creaitve! congrats!
Post a Comment