7.19.2010

I Can't Be Outdone

Since Brig has been the author of the last 3 posts, I figured I should put at least one up.

I'll start with an important event that actually happened back in May.

Brig graduated!


We had a lot of support show up for the event. Lots of people on both sides of the family.

After the actual graduation ceremony we went back to my parents' house to have a lunch party.



Jared even came as the dysfunctional fanclub!


Then later that evening Brig commissioned as a 2nd Lt. in the United States Air Force (just in case you thought it was Russia or somewhere...)

There were 6 commisionees total.


Kevin Bishop

Kara Jarvis

Mike Josephson

Jess Mayes

Brigham Moore (my favorite of the night)

and Colby Neville


Another fun activity that is "blog worthy" was the awesome bike ride to the Jardine Juniper Tree.



Here are some sweet pictures of us at the top by the infamous tree...


Oh, and here is a picture of my "smiley" bike pedal tatoo.


Since I've lasted posted I have gone to Anchorage, spent an awesome week there, and returned back to Logan.

Brig has done a pretty good job at documenting the Alaska adventures we've had so far, but here are some that I have pictures for.

At the Anchorage temple.


And here are the pictures Brig talked about from the Girgwood Hand Tram hike.



The next picture is in honor of Mark Nance.

The hike was an awesome hike, and we will be more than happy to take any of our visitors!

Also, while we were in AK we did some hunting...of the home variety.

This is possibly our future residence.

We call it The Shire.

Mainly because all the roads in this complex are named Brookshire, Duncanshire, Astonshire, & Hillshire.

Well, there you have it. I have finally blogged about all of the things that I should have blogged about.

I'll end this post with one last picture, because now that the word is out....people will want pictures.

This is 18 weeks along. We find out this Thursday if it is a boy or girl.

:)

14 comments:

Bridget said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! Rachel was looking at the computer with me and she was also so excited for you two - you are going to be amazing parents!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I'm so happy! You are going to make an amazing mother. And hopefully little boy or girl will have some of Brig's red hair. Love love love it and love love love y'all!

Michelle said...

Really? That is so awesome! You and Brigham are going to be great parents. So happy for you!!!

Erica said...

Shut up! Oh my gosh, I seriously dreamt the other night about you being pregnant. Congrats! That is so exciting!

Allyson said...

Wahoo Chelsea! Congratulations! What a fun new adventure you're in for!

Lexy said...

OH MY GOODNESS CHELSEA!!!! I am so excited for you! Mommyhood is the best thing in the world! Next to getting married of course! I had no idea! You will be such an amazing mommy! I can't wait for you! YAY!!!

Heather said...

How exciting! Hooray for y'all :)

Kara Jarvis said...

The word is out?! Psshh. Well how come I didn't know about it?! hehe. That is so freaking awesome! Congratulations to both of you! Oh, and I'm secretly wishing for a redhead...

So why did you have to go back to Logan?

Shaekin said...

So Darren and I need to harass you both for not telling Darren as he was texting Brigham LAST NIGHT! Congrats to you both!

Shawn and Shayna said...

Yay Chelsea!!! I am so excited I can't wait to find out what you are having! You are still so tiny! Can't wait find out! Love you!

Mindy said...

SHUT-UP! CONGRATULATIONS. And yes, regardless if it a boy or girl, you have my permission to have it named after me. You're welcome.

Natalie, Brent, Abbey, Kyle, Ethan, and Mariah said...

Congratulations! We are very excited and happy for you:)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Baby boys are the best, in our very biased opinion.

And your Alaskan tree puts the Aggie Village tree to shame! So glad to think that wherever you are, whenever you see an odd bulbous shape on a tree, you think of Mark. :)

Scott Odell said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait... what? We're behind the times. Is that YOUR stomach?!? If so, EXCITING! We need to catch up with you guys!