1.10.2010

A Much Needed Update

I knew I was due for an update, but until I started looking through my pictures I didn't realize how many things I had skipped over or neglected.

So here I go.

We'll start with our climbing adventure we had when Abigail came to visit. Below are pictures of Brig belaying Dustin, Dust jumping down, a far distance shot of Abigail, my shadow, and a picture of my cousin Andrew marking the spot. :)




Near the beginning of November Nic, Tal, Brig, and I went to the IWA Institute Spy dance. Don't we look like we could work for the CIA?



Then right before Thanksgiving break my family went to the LHS Musical to support Melanie.


During the month of December some of my really good friends got hitched. Joey & Mikaela were married on December 15th, and Jake & Kristina were married on December 11th.


Here is where I really neglected some important events in my families life....birthdays.

My dad turned 50, and we threw him a big Luau.

Mel turned 17, so we woke her up early and took her to breakfast. That thing she looks excited to eat is a giant cinnamon roll.

Nicole turned a quarter of a century, so I'm going to take her to lunch (sometime) and use only quarters. :)

My mom had her birthday in August, but put all the attention on my 50 year old father, and my brother Chase had his 20th birthday in Costa Rica.

EDITED: I also just realized that Brig had a birthday in August that I never blogged about. Hope he'll forgive me.

Now for the holidays.

This totally stellar picture of "Rock Star" Mel is representing our rockin' awesome Halloween.


The day before Thanksgiving, Brig and I made 8 pies. [3 Pumpkin, 2 Lemon Meringue, 1 Chocolate pudding, and 2 Apple.] The actual day consisted of an awesome Turkey Bowl (football and soccer), lots of good eats, and then game playing for the rest of the evening after the mid-afternoon naps.



Brig and I were lucky enough to get 2 Christmas'. One was early the weekend before down in St. George and the other was the actual Christmas day.




All in all, the holiday season was awesome and super fun. After Christmas Brig and I went to Colorado for 4 days to spend time with Brandon (Brig's brother) and his family. We also had an awesome New Year's Eve, but I didn't take pictures of either. :( Hopefully my memory will be sharp when I'm older and elderly.

3 comments:

Shirlene said...

A fun walk down memory lane :)

Bridget said...

I love your fun update - you guys are such a great couple! I keep meaning to tell you thank you for that great pie class you did. I made my first pie crust that wasn't totally falling apart for my dad's birthday (apple pie is his favorite) and it was a huge hit. Thanks!

The Crookston Fam said...

Wow, busy! Love the matching pj's...did you guys all go to the movies in them again this year? I think that is pretty much the most awesome tradition ever. :)