And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities (Alma 7:11-12).Christ suffered so that I have someone to turn to in times of hardship. Christ suffered so that I could repent of my sins and hopefully one day return to my Father in Heaven. Christ suffered so that he knew how to comfort me when I am not at peace. Christ suffered for me so that I can be at peace.
4.12.2009
Easter Thoughts for Easter Sunday
The following video of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, describes and creates feelings of unspeakable gratitude, humility, and overwhelming love. This video has the power to pierce people's hearts and to stir emotions that will cause change, good change. I am so grateful that almost 2,000 years ago my Savior Jesus Christ walked the loneliest path anyone has ever taken. He walked that path for me, for you, and for everyone who has lived, is living, and will live. He truly did descend below all things, so that he could be raised above all. The prophet Alma, from the Book of Mormon, says:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very touching! It gave me chills. Thank you so much for sharing this special video with such a great message.
Thanks for the inspiration! You have such a strong testimony!
Post a Comment